We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bagels, Pizza, and Mexican!!

Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
Bagels, Pizza, and Mexican!!

Need suggestions on places that have really good bagels, pizza, and mexican food (of course not all 3 of these at the same place)!! Moderately priced -- not the most expensive!! Really pretty inexpensive!! We are staying in Manhattan - so I guess pretty close by!! We keep hearing Sylvia's, Patsy's, H&H Bagels?? Interested in any restaurants in this area that people might recommend!! Just not Japanese or Chinese food!!

Thanks again!!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,169 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,055 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bagels, Pizza, and Mexican!!

One place in Manhattan (where EXACTLY in Manhattan will you be?) famous for pizza is Lombardi's, and another is Joe's of Bleecker Street. A pizza place that just opened that I can recommend highly (and that will have no lines) is Luna, on Park Row at the south side of Chatham Squar at the ende of (who would think it?) Chinatown.

Sylvia's is known neither for bagels, nor pizza, nor Mexican, but is instead a "soul food" restaurant in Harlem.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,299 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bagels, Pizza, and Mexican!!

Saying we are staying in Manhattan is almost like saying we are staying in Mississippi.

menupages.com

will give you lots of info by area and cuisine. There's also tons of restaurant info in the fAQ here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1948627…

Mentioned in this post
Mississippi
Mississippi
United States
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bagels, Pizza, and Mexican!!

And use the forum Search feature [box is right above your post] -- many people before you have asked for the same info :-)

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bagels, Pizza, and Mexican!!

Mexican: Florencia 13, 185 sullivan st, in the village, it is a small, hole in the wall, with great fish tacos, reasonable priced

Pizza: Johns on bleeker, also in the village "no slices"

Bagles: Murrys, on 6th ave, again in the village.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bagels, Pizza, and Mexican!!

You dinn't ask, but among the best burgres is BLT Burger, 6th ave, (guess where? - in the Village). A bit upscale and pricy, but so worth it!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
108 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bagels, Pizza, and Mexican!!

Murray's Bagels has locations in Chelsea and the Village

www.murraysbagels.com

Mentioned in this post
Murray's Bagels
Murray's Bagels
285 Reviews
New York City, NY
Cambridge,On
Level Contributor
303 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bagels, Pizza, and Mexican!!

I have tried a few different pizza places in NYC and my favorite to date is Lombardi's. Not sure about the bagels or mexican.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bagels, Pizza, and Mexican!!

Re-reading my post, I am embarrassed to see I wrote "Joe's" instead of "John's" -- ah well, at least I spelled "Bleecker" correctly!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bagels, Pizza, and Mexican!!

I always leave that C out, can't figure why I do that since I walk on Bleecker daily.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bagels, Pizza, and Mexican!!

Mexican restaurant - Sombrero's on corner of 8th Avenue & 47th Street. Decent food, good wine and good value.