We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new york virgin

dublin
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
new york virgin

hi i am planning my first trip to new york next april and i am just wondering were is the best area to stay in and also what the weather in april is like.any advice would be great thanks.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
438 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new york virgin

I was in NYC this April,and before I went was told the weather is very unpredictable in April,and they were right.

We were there 21st - 26th.

First day was 62 and foggy, second day was 50 and rainy, third was 70 and windy, fourth day was 78 and sunny, and then on the fifth and sixth,it was so hot,and the temps got up to about 89 or 90, and very sunny.

A week or so before I was there it was snowing, so you really never can tell with April weather.

You would have a amazing time, no matter what the weather is like.

I've stayed down town in the Tribeca area, and then this last time I stayed Midtown, I liked midtown more, but everyone is different, wherever you stay in Manhattan, I'm sure there will be a subway close by to take you anywhere,and restaurants etc...,always plenty to see and do in NYC, have a fabulous time.

dublin
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: new york virgin

thanks i think your right no matter what the weather is like we will have a great time.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new york virgin

If you are on the island of Manhattan you will be fine and you can get to anyplace in relatively short order.

The important thing to consider when booking a place is where are they in relation to the subway and you should plan around that. Learn the subway and bus system before you come... You should never have to take a taxi once here.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new york virgin

Thanks for coming over and replacing our supply of virgins. It's dropped perilously low. ;-). The first place to look is at the tope of the page on side of this page. Check out the FAQ and Things to Do areas of Trip Advisor for some great tips.

As for where to stay, this very much depends on what you like. Most visitors tend to gravitate to Times Square, and most locals tend to tell them not to. But, if you like a location that is convenient, crowded, vibrant, noisy and touristy, TImes Square may be for you.

Many visitors prefer staying in a real neighborhood. You can check out hotels in the Upper East or West Sides, Greenwich Village/Soho, or Brooklyn [Downtown Marriott or several in Park Slope.]

Another nice option is staying downtown. After dark and on weekends, the neighborhood is quiet and a great night's sleep is possible. It is near some great sites, and I love walking in the small quiet deserted streets on weekends and late/early in the day. Check out the Wall Street Inn or Gild Hall.

Remember, the subway connects everything and thus pretty much everywhere on Manhattan [and for that matter Brooklyn and Queens as well] is pretty easy to get to.

Most of All, do the research. Come back to us with any issues or questions that you need answers to.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new york virgin

Stay at the W in Union Square. Awesome location. Otherwise, Soho Grand is a great place with a fun neighborhood too.

6. Re: new york virgin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2010, 06:16