We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tickets for the crown?

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
tickets for the crown?

Hi can anyone tell me how i get tickets for the crown of the statue of liberty thanka

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tickets for the crown?

statuecruises.com/ferry-service/welcome.aspx

We just booked our crown passes yesterday for our September visit. We were lucky as they were only booking from 14th September onwards - nothing available before then. It seems that they are only allowing 240 visitors to the crown per day.

We booked the first timed slot of the day - 8am - in the hope of avoiding the worst of the crowds. Whilst climbing to the crown will be a great experience we are most looking forward to visiting the immigration museum on Ellis Island afterwards. This is all included in the $15 admission charge.

Here is a cool video from the BBC about Lady Liberty and the reopening of the crown:

…bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8129338.stm

Charlotte
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tickets for the crown?

I will be visiting at the end of July though do not know if we will be visiting the crown.. my question is do you need to reserve ahead of time, or can we do it a day before a visit?

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
148 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tickets for the crown?

You will need to book them weeks or even months before. Ive booked mine already for November there are only so many people who are allowed up per hour/ per day.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tickets for the crown?

While on Ellis Island, keep your eyes peeled for a man in late 19th-century clothing. He hangs out in the outdoor eating area and tells the story of how he built the statue.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
142 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tickets for the crown?

I've got mine already for September 26th - HOORAAYY - I'm sure this will be an awesome experience, once in a lifetime for me for sure! I too booked for the first tour of the morning hoping to avoid the crowds.

6. Re: tickets for the crown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 05:18