We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magellan Vacations

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Magellan Vacations

Hi, I'm planning my first trip to the big apple. I already have Radio City apartments booked for the first week in August. Now, I'm wondering if I can get a good deal with Magellan Vacations instead.

Has anyone used them before?

Thanks

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magellan Vacations

Yes, last week and they are great!

Toronto
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Magellan Vacations

I had looked repeatedly for better-quality hotel rooms through all the major online options -- the best I could get, with all my discounts and special promotions, was a two star hotel at $200 per nite near Port Authority (not a premium location). With one 5 minute phone call, Magellan came up with a 3.5 star hotel in a perfect midtown locaiton for the same price. Granted the price was based on a 3 nite stay (which was fine), but we are thrilled. Better yet, we didn't have to pay in advance, and can cancel anytime up until the hotel's own cancellation deadline (one day). We will be there in early November.

Awesome service.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magellan Vacations

1, 2, 3, posts you're out at the old troll game!!!!

If you're not a troll trio for Magellan vacays, I apologize in advance.

chicago
Level Contributor
814 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magellan Vacations

good call fussy

Lincoln, UK
Level Contributor
239 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magellan Vacations

Hi we used them in September. Great service.

Added bonus they look for the cheapest rate . If you

book with them( as said previously) no papyment upfront. They contunue to monitor the hotel rates, If it goes down you get the cheaper rate. If it goes up you dont pay the higher rate.. We booked with them in May and had two price reductions and an upgade before we visited NY in Sept.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magellan Vacations

Hi dogsbody: Thanks for your post and for giving genuine information that was needed on this thread!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magellan Vacations

The Magellan website is a joke.

Toronto
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Magellan Vacations

honestly, not a troll. (I'm a librarian.) I happened to find them online, just like everyone else.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magellan Vacations

Karen why do you think its a joke?

I dont like that you have to call someone to get prices in this day and age though - it would put me off using them

Lincoln, UK
Level Contributor
239 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Magellan Vacations

I Emailed them asking them to give me a call and they telephone me back.

No bother what so ever.