We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

David Letterman Tickets - Got The Call Today!!

Thibodaux, LA
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
David Letterman Tickets - Got The Call Today!!

Won tickets for Tuesdays taping, we arrive in NYC on Monday. Trivia question was "What color is Alan Kalter's hair?" "Red" of course!! Was told to be there between 2-3 to get tickets, but forgot to ask what time do they actually tape. Does anyone know, and also how long does the taping last? Wanted to maybe catch another show after, if time permits. Thanks!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
198 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: David Letterman Tickets - Got The Call Today!!

Congratulations on your good fortune. I am going to try the call at 11:00 a.m. format to see about tickets when we arrive in a couple of weeks. I think the actual taping of the show begins around 5:00 p.m.

Thibodaux, LA
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: David Letterman Tickets - Got The Call Today!!

Lebrona, you should just apply for the tickets online and maybe they will call you before your trip! I applied a few weeks ago online and got the call today, 3 days before we arrive in NYC! Good luck!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: David Letterman Tickets - Got The Call Today!!

I got called today also for the 2nd taping on Monday. I got the Hello Deli question. Was real shocked when they called. Hope its a good show. Tom Arnold is the guest.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: David Letterman Tickets - Got The Call Today!!

Congrats on your good fortune. I know you are excited. Can't wait to hear all about your experiences in your trip report! :0)

toronto
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: David Letterman Tickets - Got The Call Today!!

Just requested tickets but there are 3 of us and could only request 2. Hopefully we'll get 2 and try standby when we get there for the other one. Have brushed up on my trivia knowledge and will keep my cell phone and my list with me at all times for the next week. Crossing my fingers......and toes.....

United States
Level Contributor
18,017 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: David Letterman Tickets - Got The Call Today!!

Congrats, mom, on getting the tickets. Hope you enjoy yourself.

delilia, for standby tickets, you need to call the number that is shown on the website to get a place in line. They start taking calls at 11 am of the morning of the show for standby.

Georgia
Level Contributor
61 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: David Letterman Tickets - Got The Call Today!!

I have seen taping of the Letterman show. They are extremely strict. They say "No photos once you enter the building." Someone from Australia seated behind me took two photos of the empty stage and she and her husband were removed from the taping. Do exactly what they say. They do not play. (I would like to add: very friendly and photos (without flash) allowed throughout the taping of Regis and Kelly.)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
155 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: David Letterman Tickets - Got The Call Today!!

Lucky people who got calls! I applied online but never got called. I'd better go now and apply again for Christmas...when he's probably on vacation! Darn!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
240 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: David Letterman Tickets - Got The Call Today!!

His Christmas show is one of the best ever, Darlene Love sings. We were lucky to get tix once and it was great. It was filmed a few days before shown, like the 20th or 21st.

Alas, we are leaving on Friday and no calls yet, will try the 11 a.m. call while we are there.

I wonder how long the filming lasts, we have show tix.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
90 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: David Letterman Tickets - Got The Call Today!!

I went to a taping last year and it was very efficient. Everyone lines up and is seated very promptly. There is a few minute warm-up session where they talk about the rules during taping and check the sound levels. Then David comes out for a quick chat, and then the show starts. One hour later, you're outta there! The whole thing takes less than 1.5 hours.