We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 5?

Minnesota
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family of 5?

My question involves how to fit 5 people in a room. I'm seeing even rooms with one bed and a pullout sofa with a three person limit. Couldn't that easily sleep four and then a rollaway to get 5? I know some rooms are really small but I'm seeing some that have the extra space. There are lots of good reviews for the Affinia 50 that would seem to accomodate the 5 of us together in one room. Do we smuggle our youngest in our suitcase :)

nancyvh
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 5?

I have heard that the Doubletree in Times Square can accommodate 5. It is an all suite, very family friendly hotel.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 5?

I would also recommend the Doubletree suites very family friendly.New York is very stricked about how many people in a room for fire safety.You will get caught if you have too many in a room.Have you checked Radio City Apartments to see if they take five people? Nywiz should have some suggestions for you.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,993 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 5?

It depends on how many beds you need. Many hotels that won't accept an online reservation for 5 in a room WILL take you if the youngest is very young. You'd have to phone.

There are dozens of previous threads on rooms for 5 and they all include the suite hotels like

affinia.com

(the Affinia 50 is only 1 of their hotels and ALL of them have rooms that will sleep 5 whether in a 1 bedroom suite with 2 beds and a sofabed or 2 bedroom)

radiocityapartments.com

nycsalisbury.com

Best Western Hospitality

beaconhotel.com

Yes, the Doubletree Guest Suites in Times Square will also take 5 if 3 are kids.

Toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of 5?

I would just add the Doubletree suites are quite small compared to other suite hotels outside of NYC

We styaed there last year with 4 people (1 person who wanted their own bed slept on the floor in an aerobed) and it was very tight

not much floor space particularly once you open up the sofa bed

no way to put an aero bed in the bedroom as not enough floor space

now we did have the kind room as now 2 doubles available, but the 2 doubles are also much more expensive

this year we are trying the affinia dumont in August

good luck

check out the deals on travelzoo too

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,993 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of 5?

The Embassy Suites downtown is another option and they include full breakfast in their rate.

6. Re: Family of 5?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2010, 06:17