We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please

aust
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice please

Booking tickets on line for Statue of Liberty - can you please tell me what would be the best time of the day to book and what location I can catch the ferry from. I am staying in Times Square. I have read some reviews but am a little confused. Thanks.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice please

I just booked my tickets last night for my trip. I always leave from the New York side Battery Park. I also always pick the earliest time which the day i go will be 9 am because to see everything it takes three to four hours. From there i go see Wall sreet area and World Trade Center area

aust
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice please

Thanks very much for your reply - very helpful. Enjoy your trip!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice please

The subway is your best bet to get there. Spend some time looking at a subway map and all will become clear.

By Subway

Local 1 to South Ferry, or Express 4 or 5 to Bowling Green, or R/W to Whitehall Street Station.

Source:http://www.statueoflibertytickets.com/directions/

aust
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice please

Hi,Very helpful info makes getting there alot easier

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,831 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice please

The first ferry of the day is always the best option if you can get up that early. If you want to go inside the statue, make sure to order a monument pass. The crown is now also open if you want to climb up.

statuecruises.com

is the official site.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
765 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice please

Also check out hopstop.com.

aust
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice please

Thanks NY Whiz for your help

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice please

Just a note crown access tickets are sold out through September and possibly beyond...

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice please

jaf- if you take the subway to Battery, you must be in one of the first five cars of the train to get off the train at Battery Park. Nobody told us this the first time we went and we ran the length of the train with small children in tow. Not a pleasant experience!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice please

No longer any need to fret about being on the first 5 cars of the #1 subway train in order to disembark at the South Ferry stop. The design of the new subway station [which opened several months ago] eliminated that quirk; all doors on a 10-car train now open onto the new platform.