We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? about new forum layout

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Topic
? about new forum layout

You used to be able to add someones post into a personal trip file by hitting a save button I think. Am I just not seeing it or is it no longer there? Thanks for your help.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ? about new forum layout

Have you seen the redesign FAQ?

www.tripadvisor.com/help/Forums_design_faq

This is what it says about the save button:

>>Where did the Save button go?

While we make improvements to the My Trips feature, we have decided to remove the Save button from forum posts. We do hope to reincorporate it in the future, but in the meantime, all of your saved posts can still be found in your trip folders.

>>

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ? about new forum layout

This is one of the biggest b*itches about the new format - the elimination of the SAVE button....

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ? about new forum layout

Thanks for the info. I was just hoping I missed it, oh well.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ? about new forum layout

It's really my only complaint.

The 'save' button disappeared from the hotel review pages months ago. You could 'save' individual reviews but not just the hotel.

Hopefully, they'll replace it with something better rather than eliminate it.

What do people do if they're not using the save button? How do they save information?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ? about new forum layout

You can cut-and-paste into, e.g., a stand-alone Word document.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
422 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ? about new forum layout

Pasting into a word document works well if you are at your home computer. However, I frequently saved posts when I wasn't at home or unable to immediately print I.e. when on vacation) to view when I returned home. No save button will make things a little complicated. I am hoping they put it back in. I find it very useful.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ? about new forum layout

As I said on the other thread on this topic, using Word is somewhat silly. (Live in the now, TA friends!) We use Google docs, since you can access them from any online computer and they are content-neutral, unlike TA. (That is, you can save information from more than one source.)

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ? about new forum layout

excuse my ignorance but what and where is google docs?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ? about new forum layout

docs.google.com

It's an online word-processing and spreadsheet program. Files are stored on Google servers rather than any individual hard drive, so they can be accessed from any online computer. You can also invite collaborators, so that multiple people can work on the document from different locations and see changes in real time.

I wouldn't use it for anything private or that contains financial information, but we find that it works great for things like trip planning.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
422 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ? about new forum layout

Thanks Crans

I didn't know about Google Docs either. I am going to give it a try. Looks like a very useful tool.