We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your Favorite Restaurant in the Times Square area

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Your Favorite Restaurant in the Times Square area

Alright, I am looking for a restaurant in the TS area and I need your guys help. I would like steak and seafood.

What do you guys got?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your Favorite Restaurant in the Times Square area

What we got is a whole lot of disdain for the restaurants in the Times Square area.

Why do you need to eat there? And what sort of price range are you looking for?

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your Favorite Restaurant in the Times Square area

St. Andrews is good.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your Favorite Restaurant in the Times Square area

Directions out of Times Square.

You are coming to the best food city in the country. It's like going to Pittsburgh and eating every meal at Station Square (actually eating in Times Square is worse). Why do you need/want to eat in TS?

But if you need to be in that area there are plenty of good restaurants over on 9th Ave, just a couple of blocks west. You can get seafood, steak, Turkish, Indonesian, really whatever you want

www.menupages.com

See West 40s as the neighborhood.

But I would suggest using the subway and exploring the many neighborhood with great food.

and for seafood, not that far from TS is Le Bernadin, one of the best seafood restaurants in the world (not cheap, though lunch isn't too bad actually)

East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your Favorite Restaurant in the Times Square area

I have heard Bond 45 has a large variety on the menu...check the reviews on menupages.com. I always end up at John's Pizza when I'm over there LOL

T

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,964 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your Favorite Restaurant in the Times Square area

Del Frisco is probably the best steak option in the TS area. There's also an outpost of Bobby Van's in the area on 50th st. b/w 6th & 7th. Del Frisco is not known for seafood but both have it on the menu. There are some other steakhouses like Ben Benson, Ruth Chris and Morton's that are just outside the TS area.

I agree that unless you're going to the theater and have to be in that area, there are better options.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your Favorite Restaurant in the Times Square area

You see, TImes Square is usually not the sort of place that New Yorkers hang out in. We'll come in to see a show, and then head back to our own nabes, or other places in the City. Thus, we have sort of ceded the area to the tourists. That being the case, Times Square is full of the large chain restaurants that we tend to disdain.

Diatribe over, when I am in the area, and need a bite, I head to Virgils BBQ. It is not the best BBQ in the city, but the food is quite good and the portions are large - as they should be in a BBQ place. OK, there's a decent restaurant for a nite in Times Square, now go forth and explore the restaurants of other areas.

www.virgilsbbq.com

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Your Favorite Restaurant in the Times Square area

ok - being a tourist and never being to NYC I didn't know TS is taboo for a good restaurant. So since you all have scolded me go ahead and tell me what is your favorite restaurant and where it is.

Thanks again!

Utah
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your Favorite Restaurant in the Times Square area

Last week, I had great steak on Lexington between 52nd & 53rd at Relais de Venise. The only thing they serve is steak and french fries (pommes frites), but the sauce is very good and it's priced around $25 w/salad. They have sister restaurants in London and Paris where I was first introduced to this culinary delight. It's a 10 minute walk to Times Square. Try it out!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
422 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your Favorite Restaurant in the Times Square area

My favorite is Becco on 46th street.

NY NY
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your Favorite Restaurant in the Times Square area

Del Frisco is one of the top steak places in the city, I'd definitely recommend it.

There are a number of very good seafood restaurants nearby, or within a few minutes' walk of Times Square. Have a look on menupages.com for reviews. You can also link to sample menus from there. Here are a few to get you started:

Blue Fin

Esca

Redeye Grill

The Sea Grill

McCormick & Schmick's

It's not specifically a seafood restaurant, but Estiatorio Milos, a Greek restaurant, serves lovely fish.