We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TKTS for Rock of Ages

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
TKTS for Rock of Ages

We want to see this show on a Tues night last week of August. What is the chance of getting tickets at TKTS?

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TKTS for Rock of Ages

Not likely-- it is too new and too popular... if you go on the TKTS web site and click on ticket booths there is a place where you can see what tickets were available last week... You can also check broadwaybox.com since the discounted tickets will probably show up there first.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TKTS for Rock of Ages

You can check here each week to see what shows were available the previous week:

www.tdf.org/TDF_SupportPage.aspx?id=68&do=v

Rock of Ages was there last week.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,993 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TKTS for Rock of Ages

I don't think we can give you odds, but if it's the only thing you want to see and that's the only night you can go, I'd buy tickets in advance.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TKTS for Rock of Ages

I just got my TKTS email and for today they have tickets at a 30% discount... You can also sign up for the email alert and it will give you an idea of how often and at what price they become available.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TKTS for Rock of Ages

Thanks everyone; I checked what they had available last week and they did have ROA tickets. Broadway box has no discounts.

I signed up for the email alert; great tip. We might wait; the worst that could happen is that we don't see it, and spend time in the city.

oxnard, ca
Level Contributor
175 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TKTS for Rock of Ages

We got tickets for ROA at the tkts booth on a Tues afternoon for that same evening. Great seats.

Mexico
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TKTS for Rock of Ages

I got tickets Monday 20 July at 40% in South Street Seaport TKTS . Row C

Michigan
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TKTS for Rock of Ages

I was there over the weekend, and they had some available for Saturday at least on the board but were gone before I got up to the front of the line. I went back on Sunday and they had them for both shows. It was great, and I would highly recommend going discount tickets or not :)

9. Re: TKTS for Rock of Ages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 07:17