We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NBC Studios Tour

Mifflin
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
NBC Studios Tour

I realize many people don't recommend the NBC Studios tour, but if my teenagers are still set on going is it possible to reserve a time slot even though we're using a 1 day New York Pass and can't use the pass until the day we're in NY?

The NY Pass booklet said that for some attractions that need to be reserved, a credit card can be given to hold the reservation, but then the NY Pass can be used on the day of the tour (or whatever) to "pay" for it in place of the credit card. Would this work at NBC Studios? I don't want any surprises by being charged on my credit card for something that should be free using the Pass.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NBC Studios Tour

I recommend that you contact Customer Service via the phone number or e-mail address that will appear in a pop-up window when you click the link on this page:

purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,952 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NBC Studios Tour

First off, you may enjoy the tour more than your teens. It's kind of cool watching the videos highlighting old NBC shows. It was like watching a bit of my childhood pass by.

We arrived at the NBC store around 10 a.m. and got tickets for a tour at 1 p.m. that day so my thought is that it's not really necessary to purchase tickets in advance. It wasn't overly crowded.

Mifflin
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NBC Studios Tour

OK Thanks.

nancyvh
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NBC Studios Tour

BTW...you may very well enjoy the tour. I loved it as did my teen boys. Infact, one of my boys said it was the highlight of his trip.

You just never know. We got there for the first tour. Went out on the plaza earlier to watch the Today show earlier and at about 8:15 got there for the first 8:30 tour. Not crowded at all. We were there the week before 7/4.

Have a great time!

Mifflin
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NBC Studios Tour

I think we'll try to go early. Thank you!

Mifflin
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NBC Studios Tour

Would you give me info. about how to see the Today show? I was having trouble finding info. about it.

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,952 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NBC Studios Tour

I think if you show up at Rockefeller Plaza at about 5:30 a.m. you should be able to stand there and get on tv when the hosts are outside. Having some kind of silly sign may help your changes of getting on tv.

nancyvh
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NBC Studios Tour

It's so easy to see the Today show. I forget the exact cross streets but you can't miss it over at Rockefeller Plaza where the NBC studios are. The have an outdoor plaza where you see them film various segments everyday.If you want a premium, front row spot that will get you on TV you'll probably have to get there around 6:30. We got there around 7:30 ish though and were still able to get a front row spot-only where they weren't really coming and filming by. That was ok by us as the plaza is actually quite small and we just wanted to watch and experience the show.

Have fun!

PS- If you put in Today Show in the search box of the NY Forums you 'll find much more detailed info. then I have been able to give you. The experts on this board are amazing attentive to detail!

Mifflin
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NBC Studios Tour

Thanks for the great advice! After I posted the question I realized that I should have done a search on the forum first.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NBC Studios Tour

We just came back from a 4 day visit to NYC, and the NBC Studio Tour was one of the highlights. We all really enjoyed it (two adults and one 15 year old)! Savvy show biz types might think it not worthwhile, but we were really interested in what we saw! The guides were very nice and funny, and our tour group was a reasonable size -- I got to ask all the questions I wanted. I think this is a very fun thing to do with kids!