We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodbury - worth a visit?

Portugal
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Woodbury - worth a visit?

Hi there!

I'll be in NYC between 12-19 Aug. This is my second visit to NY. Do you think I should visit the Woodbury outlet or is it a waste of time? Can I get those prices in Manhattan?

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Woodbury - worth a visit?

Woodbury can be hit or miss. I wouldn't waste time going there. The times that you will be in NYC the stores will be having sales on all their summer stuff. I would also suggest going to Century 21.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Woodbury - worth a visit?

In today's environment when you add in the cost of transportation to and from Woodbury I would say you are better off just looking at stores in Manhattan.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Woodbury - worth a visit?

Stores in NYC are running almost continual sales. From the larger stores like Macy's, all the way down to the little mom & pop boutiques. I'd stay in NYC and check out the stores here. If you don't find what you want, you can always change your plans and head out to the malls.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Woodbury - worth a visit?

If you had more time, I'd say "yes, go", but with so few days, you'd be better off taking advantage of the sales in the city.

also, I believe there is still No Sales Tax on most clothing under $110. (you could break up your sale if your stuff comes to more. I dont think they could say NO to that.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Woodbury - worth a visit?

Coworker was in NYC for four days and they rented a car (3 of them) at the airport and drove straight there, power shopped for two hours and drove back, checked in, dropped car of at the airport sans bags and by 4pm took bus/train to wherever (Brooklyn I think). They scored big time; just visited with them last week. Great deals and lots of purchases; they still bought things in the City but they said it was worth it. You are coming so far, so it is up to you.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Woodbury - worth a visit?

I think it depends on what it is you want to buy during your trip. I always think that Woodbury Common is great for kids clothes and quite good for menswear, but not so great for womenswear.

I find WC a very pleasant shopping experience (having only visited on weekdays - I'm sure it is very different in this respect at weekends or on public holidays!) - it has never been crowded when I have visited, the place is very spacious and it is comfortable to walk around.

Your best bet is to check out the store listing for the Outlet and see what appeals to you there before you make your decision.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
155 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Woodbury - worth a visit?

I wouldnt go again. The things i wanted to buy dkny, uggs etc I could have got in the city.

If your into ( and can afford) designer Chanel, Dior Gucci and can afford a bag reduced from $2000 to $1200 then by all means go and spend lots of money but they certainly do not give things away.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Woodbury - worth a visit?

I do not think it is worth the time it takes to go there. Many many sales in the city sales everwhere,That is my opinion.

Broomfield, Colorado
Level Contributor
419 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Woodbury - worth a visit?

Since you are coming in internationally, search the thread for the Macy's discount card, there are also other department stores in Manhattan that will give you % off all purchases (as we get VAT refunds when in Europe, etc).

dublin
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Woodbury - worth a visit?

Hi. I think if you have time you should definitely go. I always think its worthwhile, and often you will see the same stock as in the Manhattan stores, but a lot cheaper. If you get a bus early in the morning, you can stay out there as long as you want. If you dont like it, you can get a bus back, and be back in Manhattan by the afternoon to do more shopping. I have been to NY about 10 times, and I still always keep one day for Woodbury..