We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewelry and Shearwater Sailing

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Jewelry and Shearwater Sailing

1. We have just a bout forfeited the sailing night cruise (10-11:30) because we'd rather be on land, in the city. Went to their website and could not find how close their dock would be to a subway.

any ideas?

2. Want to do some jewelry shopping, gemstones, Italian gold and simple jewelry. Beside Tiffanys and Van Cleef (plan to visit both, but don't think I can afford either), are there places where people get good deals. I remember watching a news show about how many places are ripping pple off. I know little about jewelry, but not enough to spot a fake (unless its handbags, watches and sunglasses).

Chelsea Market
Flea & Street Markets
Grand Central Market
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Flea & Street Markets
Saks Fifth Avenue
Department Stores,
New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewelry and Shearwater Sailing

<<Went to their website and could not find how close their dock would be to a subway.

any ideas?>>

Yes. Look at a map.

Their website told you exactly where they sailed from (the North Cove of Battery Park City). The closest station is the interconnected complex that is made up of World Trade Center on the E, Chambers Street on the A/C, and Park Place on the 2/3. Google maps shows you exactly where all of these are, and it gives you a scale to figure out the distance.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewelry and Shearwater Sailing

Hi. I just passed the Shearwater this morning! Looked nice.

It is indeed docked at the North Cove, which is the marina just in front of the World Financial Center. So whatever takes you to the World Financial Center takes you there. The dock is a 5-7 min. walk from the train station since you have to go around a few buildings.

The best train, yes, is the A, C, also the PATH train from NJ, which all stop nearby. But you can also take the R, W and 1 and 9 to Rector St, which is what we did.

3. Re: Jewelry and Shearwater Sailing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 07:17