We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Meetup - Brooklyn Bowl

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
TA Meetup - Brooklyn Bowl

Oh yes, these are the dog days of summer indeed. Your clothing sticks to you body, the subway platforms are like the fifth circle of hell, and you need relief.

Ten TA denizens found that relief last night at the new and fabulous Brooklyn Bowl. This amazing converted warehouse space is located in WIlliamsburg, right around the corner from the Brooklyn Brewery. Bannish all memories of bowling alleys past. Brooklyn Bowl is a hybrid bowling alley/performance space/restaurant and bar. All with interesting music [when was the last time I heard Ian Drury's "Hit me with your Rhythm Stick"], and club lighting.

The food is by Blue Ribbon and was excellent, at least all that I tasted. I also had one of my favorites, and extra malt vanilla malted that was just yummy. They also have a great collection of local beer by the likes of Kelso, Brooklyn, Six Point and others.

They will be having live music, and September 2 are hosting one of my favorites, Toots and the Maytalls. Never seen reggae in a bowling alley before.

Oh yes, the bowling. These are spanking new alleys with automatic scoring systems. Of course, you still need to rent the weird shoes. The balls come in a variety of neon colors and are a spectacle in and of themselves. Bowling honors for the night went to the consistent strike machine New York Foodie. Honorable mention went to Mr. Crans who shot a whopping 147 [or 157, I forgot]. We won't talk about the other scores. Of course, some how Lotus managed to break his lane and needed supervisory help. Even so, he's not banned - yet.

Need something to do in the rain? I know of a great bowling alley/restaurant/club:

http://www.brooklynbowl.com/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,974 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA Meetup - Brooklyn Bowl

How totally awesome dude. Neon balls and all. Did Mrs. Lotus bowl?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA Meetup - Brooklyn Bowl

You forgot to mention the screens above each lane showed a mix of eccentric clips from the likes of Flight of the Conchords, Muppets, music videos, old B&W movies. It was like a day on TANY and Lotus had chosed a bunch of Youtube videos.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA Meetup - Brooklyn Bowl

Any one of you play duck pins or require the gutter bumpers? ;)

New York
Level Contributor
3,944 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TA Meetup - Brooklyn Bowl

"Of course, some how Lotus managed to break his lane and needed supervisory help."

-------------

Excuse ME???

The official explanation for the technical difficultiies was that "somebody was just bowling a little too hard". I have it on good authority that the somebody in question was NOT LotusPath...

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA Meetup - Brooklyn Bowl

Yeah, I would have liked those kiddy alleys where they have the gutter guards. Would have made my second shots much more competitive pinballing off the rails. Even with all of Foodee's coaching I was waaaaay out of my element here.

JAWP, I especially loved when your lane began flashing "SOS". I'm still blaming Lotus. After all, I know it couldn't be you, and CRANS has an immage to uphold. Process of elimination baby.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TA Meetup - Brooklyn Bowl

Did anyone take pictures? Please? :) You're all just tutu much.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA Meetup - Brooklyn Bowl

Wait, they were wearing tutu's at the bowling alley? Definitely want to see those pics!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA Meetup - Brooklyn Bowl

Cockle, I didn't have a choice. I had to wear the tutu because the thong was in the wash.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
5,792 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: TA Meetup - Brooklyn Bowl

Yes ..... it was a great time. Always rewarding to get together with friends ..... and crush them at bowling. You just got schooled ..... Lotus style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHsU3gf2sZU

"Who's your daddy"

Have a great weekedn everyone!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27cM8GuFX6s

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: TA Meetup - Brooklyn Bowl

Mel - eeeeyowww!

Yours very truly,