We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport car service Carmel or Dial 7?

London
Level Contributor
713 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Airport car service Carmel or Dial 7?

Hi not sure which car service to book from JFK to our hotel in Manhattan. Is there much difference between the 2 companies?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Ant

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport car service Carmel or Dial 7?

Both are pretty reliable and recommended here... there sometimes are specials... I personally like Dial 7 better. Go with whoever gives you the best price and don't do the meet and greet... Do the service where you book and then call upon arrival.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport car service Carmel or Dial 7?

my vote is for dial 7 as well

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,804 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport car service Carmel or Dial 7?

Is there a reason you want a car service instead of a yellow cab? I find yellow cabs to be easier and cheaper.

London
Level Contributor
713 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport car service Carmel or Dial 7?

Thanks all for your replies.

We land at 10:30pm and thought it would be better to have a car booked than a normal cab at that hour - just in case there wasn't one available.

Dial 7 is $46 and Carmel $41 (after disc) so not much difference. Just wanted to see if people thought 1 was better than the other.

Thanks

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,804 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport car service Carmel or Dial 7?

There will be plenty of cabs at the airport - 10:30PM isn't late in this city. But it's up to you.

Don't forget you have to tip the car service driver. And make sure you understand whether tolls are included in the price.

newcastle
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport car service Carmel or Dial 7?

Hi we will be booking a car when we arrive 8th Dec four of us two luggage and my wheelchair will i add it on as a piece of luggage as no option on booking form have emialed both companies but thought i might get a quick response from you folks on the forum

kind regards Marie

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport car service Carmel or Dial 7?

Don't worry too much about the amount of luggage.

I use both extensively for my business and find them equally as reliable and nice, go with the cheapest of the two imho.

London, United...
Level Contributor
768 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport car service Carmel or Dial 7?

We'll probably be booking dial7 over carmel. No problem getting an email quote or answers to my questions from dial7. Carmel just sent an abrupt email reply "phone up for a price" total lack of (potential) customer service. If thats how they treat a potential customer I'm not going to risk how they might treat a 'customer' after they've received my money.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport car service Carmel or Dial 7?

Good question. I prebooked Dial 7 from LGA to Brooks Atkinson theatre at 5:30pm on Tuesday and they quoted me $38 plus tolls and tip (we have no bags). Should I be doing a taxi too?

10. Re: Airport car service Carmel or Dial 7?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 06:21