We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What parts of town are suggested

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
97 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
What parts of town are suggested

We wAnt to stay in a part of NYC where we can walk. My husband loved the hustle and bustle of Times Square last visit and would be interested in something close to this.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What parts of town are suggested

You can walk in every neighborhood in Manhattan. If you want to stay in Times Square then there are plenty of hotels to choose from.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,250 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What parts of town are suggested

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. You can walk in any area of Manhattan. If you want to stay in Times Square, then the part of town you are interested in is Times Square. I'm not trying to be rude or snarky, I just really don't understand what question you're asking?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What parts of town are suggested

midtown would be better unless you would like to stay in a different neighbourhood but there is so much choice!

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What parts of town are suggested

Where did you stay last time. If you really liked it go back unless you tell us and we tell you that something has changed.

England
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What parts of town are suggested

Normally this forum suggests away from Times Square, but as it seems that is what you want, then so be it, are you not answering your own question ?

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
97 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What parts of town are suggested

Guess I did answer my own question, sorry to be redundant.What suggestions would you have for "Midtown," if that is the name of the area around Times Square. We'd like something under $150

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What parts of town are suggested

???????????????/very strange query. If you liked the TS area, go back there. The Hotel in Times Square has some decent pricing and is newly renovated.

You really did answer your own question.

Poppa

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What parts of town are suggested

Well, yes TS is pretty much midtown, IMO.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What parts of town are suggested

It sounds like you need to look at a neighborhood map:

http://www.citidex.com/map/neigh800.gif

In general, everything between 34th Street and 59th Street, from the East River to the Hudson River, can be considered midtown.

As mentioned, the entire city (not just Manhattan) is pretty much walkable. That's why no one has cars and everyone walks and takes the subway instead. You don't need to be in Times Square to do this.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What parts of town are suggested

Last visit you did Times Square. This visit, I'd opt for something a little bit different. Check out lodgings in Greenwich Village or Soho. There will be plenty of nightlife, great shops and wonderful restaurants. Unlike Times Square, there will also be lots of real live actual New Yorkers. These are great areas to walk around at any hour of the day.

Is it close to the Times Square experience. Nope. But if you ask most New Yorkers, they are likely to enjoy this part of town more. Try it.