We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know of a good hotel deal in september? I need help:)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know of a good hotel deal in september? I need help:)

Hi!

Me and my boyfriend are going to NYC from september 12-18. We were only supposed to stay till the 16th, but got the offer to change our tickets till two days later. So now we only have a hotel booked from 12-16 september (Millennium Broadway Hotel). I spoke to the hotel and they wanted just over $800 for two more nights and I thought it was a bit expensive..

The location doesnt matter too much but I think around midtown/TS is good.

As for how much to spend, maybe 200 incl tax? Is that possible? :)

Thanks so much!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know of a good hotel deal in september? I need help:)

Hi

Is the Millennium Broadway cancellable, You will get a far better deal re-booking the full trip somewhere else.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know of a good hotel deal in september? I need help:)

Ok had a quick look about for them dates, and its more expensive than I thought, Im sure somebody with more knowledge will be along soon.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know of a good hotel deal in september? I need help:)

Hi!

No its not :( and i even ordered some things and sent it to the hotel so I probably couldnt cancel it anyway.

Ireland
Level Contributor
925 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know of a good hotel deal in september? I need help:)

For close to Times Square/ Midtown, Radio City Apts for the 16-18th are total of $512 on their own website. On 1800hotels, which I have used from time to time, good rates for room only - The Intercontinental Barclay is $450 incl tax (mixed reviews for a 4/5 stars but trying to keep to your budget!), Wyndham Garden Hotel - Times Square South which has good reviews is $483. There are probably others if you search some other sites.. These are just a few to get you started.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know of a good hotel deal in september? I need help:)

The Wyndham Garden Hotel Times Square South looks very nice and the reviews are really good as well. And a lot cheaper than staying at the Millennium Broadway. Thanks so much for your help!

Maybe I'll get a few more tips so I can choose from a few :)

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,459 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know of a good hotel deal in september? I need help:)

Have you thought of bidding on Priceline? It could be worth considering, especially at this late stage. Betterbidding.com will give advise as to the best tactics, though I've always thought this site is a good one for first timers:

moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-priceline…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,995 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know of a good hotel deal in september? I need help:)

You won't find $200 incl tax (~$170) on those dates in Manhattan with private bathroom. If budget is really an issue, how about considering a 2 day trip to Boston or Washington where hotel prices are likely cheaper?

The other idea is to head to some place like Tarrytown in Westchester (by train) and spend 2 days exploring Kykuit and some of the other mansions in the area.

www.hudsonvalley.org/content/view/12/42/

There are quite a few hotels in Tarrytown and White Plains. There's also a new Hampton Inn hotel in Yonkers on special

hotels.travelzoo.com/new-york-hotels/647170

but that's not as close.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone know of a good hotel deal in september? I need help:)

I decided to go for the Wyndham Garden Hotel Times Square South :)

Thanks for all your help!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
925 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone know of a good hotel deal in september? I need help:)

Glad you got something, hope it's good now as I'll be feeling a bit responsible if not!!

10. Re: Anyone know of a good hotel deal in september? I need help:)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2010, 06:20