We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for accomodation for 4 in October

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for accomodation for 4 in October

We will be looking for an accomodate for 4 adults for a W-E in October. Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th

Of course there is always a possibility of taking 2 rooms at a hotel but anyone knows any other options? recommended suite?

Not against but not necessarily looking for a kitchen.

Thx for any advice

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,397 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for accomodation for 4 in October

Obviously it makes a difference if this is 2 couples looking for privacy or 4 friends. What is it you're aksing for? Most hotels have rooms with 2 double beds for 4 people and some even have 2 queen beds which are far more comfortable but no privacy. Some of the 2 queens include

Hampton Inn Chelsea

Hampton Inn Seaport

Hampton Inn Times Square North

Hilton Garden Inn Times Square

Courtyard Midtown East

Hotel at Times Square

If you want 2 separate bedrooms with doors, that's sometimes more expensive than 2 rooms. The Eastgate Tower has 2 bed/2 bathroom suites but they are running a sale and I think are sold out for that weekend. The Affinia Manhattan will have some as do several other hotels. The Metro and the Belleclaire have 2 bedroom suites with no sitting room but not sure there are doors between them for privacy.

www.hotelmetronyc.com/default.aspx…

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for accomodation for 4 in October

As for 2 couples, but with (a little) privacy, how about the

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d93390-R…

?

No kitchen, though

3. Re: Looking for accomodation for 4 in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 22:05
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for accomodation for 4 in October

Ignore Tamochan's suggestion of an apartment rental. There are virtually no apartments in Manhattan where vacation rentals are permissible -- and outright scams abound.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for accomodation for 4 in October

Thank you all for the feedback. I did find some in Affinia NY (2 bedrooms) and they run around $800 with tx per night. So still an options.

But the more I look into it, the more I think easier would be 2 rooms. Although slightly more expensive

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,397 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for accomodation for 4 in October

If the 2 bed/2bath suite is $800/night I can't see how you can say booking 2 separate rooms isn't MUCH cheaper. There are lots of hotel rooms for less than $400/night. Or are you saying the 2 bed/2bath is $800 for 2 nights?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for accomodation for 4 in October

No, it's really $800 per night including taxes. But it's Affinia caliber.

If you book a hotel room of that category it will be around $350 per night. Which comes to about $400 with tx. Plus or minus $50.

So it`s not a huge save. But if you can recommend a good hotel (either twin beds or King) for less I'm very receptive right now, as BYC hotel prices are dirving my Visa nuts:)

Thx

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,397 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for accomodation for 4 in October

I think you overestimate the quality/caliber of the Affinia hotels that have 2 bed/2 bath suites. To my knowledge the Eastgate Tower and the Affinia Manhattan are the 2 with that size suites and they're not close to being the nicest of the group. They are 3* hotels.

I see lots of hotels on quikbook.com for $269-329/night for 2 people that I think are nicer and/or better located for Oct 11-12.

Hotel Metro $264/night for superior queen

Time hotel for King $276

Millenium UN Plaza $279

6 Columbus $280 for queen

Gild Hall superior king $289

Warwick $325

Algonquin $329

Kimberly 1 bedroom suite (!) $329

There are probably lots more options on other websites.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,397 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for accomodation for 4 in October

I didn't notice you said king beds or twins. Some of the ones I listed have twins and some were for kings but most were queens.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for accomodation for 4 in October

Thank you so much for the search, NYWIZ! Will look into those.