We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Hilton Times Square to Red Hook-Cruise

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Hilton Times Square to Red Hook-Cruise

Will be staying at the Hilton Times Square night before a cruise. For transportation from the Hotel to the cruise terminal, Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, what's the best method of transportation? Taxi, or a car service, and if a car service, which one. I had read some about using Carmel car service. Looking for and appreciate any information on the best method of transportation.

Also, regarding pick up at the same cruise terminal, we'll be overnighting at the Doubletree Times Square, and need transportation from ship to hotel. Again, what's best method, taxi or service?

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Hilton Times Square to Red Hook-Cruise

"Best" method depends on what's important to you.

dial7.com

is the car service I normally recommend as it seems to be more dependable in my experience than Carmel, although they're very similar. I'd get a quote from them. Using a taxi is probably also fine but it depends on what time you're traveling as to what the price will be. Using a taxi will be "on the meter" so if you get stuck in traffic it could run the price up. The car service will quote a flat price (plus tip and toll).

I strongly recommend ordering a car service for your pickup after the cruise as I don't think taxis are encouraged into the terminal. I seem to recall hearing the terminal was favoring one particular car service and not allowing others in. I'd go to cruisecritic.com

and ask there if you don't get any answers here from someone who's arrived at Brooklyn.

2. Re: Transportation from Hilton Times Square to Red Hook-Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2010, 07:25