We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fleamarket - Hell's Kitchen or DUMBO?

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
333 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fleamarket - Hell's Kitchen or DUMBO?

Which market is the biggest or most interesting for a casual browser?

I'm not particularly interested in vintage fashion or jewellry - but am interested in books, prints, records, cds and other collectables.

Do they both operate on Saturday and Sunday?

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fleamarket - Hell's Kitchen or DUMBO?

The one in Dumbo is relatively new, operates only on Sunday and is small enough based on what you said to combine with the one in Hell's Kitchen. I would do the one in Dumbo first and then walk up to the A C subway line at High Street (10 min walk) and take it right to 50th street and 8th ave and you will be near Hell's Kitchen,

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fleamarket - Hell's Kitchen or DUMBO?

The Brooklyn Flea in DUMBO is pretty great, with a lot of vintage stuff. In addition, there is usually great food here, some from the vendors at the Red Hook Ballfields and some from trucks parked outside. Worth going to.

http://brownstoner.com/brooklynflea/

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
333 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fleamarket - Hell's Kitchen or DUMBO?

Thanks - I think I'll aim to visit both as suggested.

I'm staying in midtown so it makes sense to go the Brooklyn early, grab a breakfast at one of the food stalls and then go to the hell's kitchen market later on.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fleamarket - Hell's Kitchen or DUMBO?

If you are near the A-C line on 8th ave that would be the easiest---and closest to High Street--- If you end up on the 2-3 then you would go to clark street

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fleamarket - Hell's Kitchen or DUMBO?

If you are going to the one in DUMBO make sure to have a walk around the area. Visit Brooklyn Bridge and Fulton Ferry Parks for some awesome views of the Brooklyn Bridge and Manahattan. There's a small Farmer's Market at the entrances to the park. You could grab something to eat there and sit at a bench in FF Park. Also, the Fulton Ferry Landing is just up the road for the fleam More breathtaking views and The Ice Cream Factory. You can also get something to eat at Almondines or Jaques Torres.

There were some great items at that flea!

ENjoy!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fleamarket - Hell's Kitchen or DUMBO?

Wow!..where's spell check when you need it!

7. Re: Fleamarket - Hell's Kitchen or DUMBO?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2010, 05:19