We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I love shoes

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
I love shoes

i love shoes,even more than chocolate.wheres the best place to buy christian louboutins and all the other lovely designer shoes.Whats the chance of getting them in the sale,we leave 8 weeks today,sooooooooo excited

thanks

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I love shoes

"The sale"? I'm not quite sure what you are referring to. Do you mean Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving (Nov. 27)? Have no idea at this time whether those shoes will be on sale or not.

Anyhow, the easiest places to shop for high-end designer shoes (Louboutin, Manolo Blanik, Jimmy Choo,Dior, Chanel,etc) are at Saks, Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdales and the designers' own boutiques which are scattered about the city. Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom in suburban malls.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I love shoes

thank you,im there from 21st to the 25th nov so guess il miss out on the that sale

thanks again for the info

Texas
Level Contributor
6,185 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I love shoes

As soon as I read your title "I do too!" popped into my head!! LOL! Good luck in your shoe quest!! :D

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
316 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I love shoes

When I was in New York with my daughters they shopped for shoes at Saks and Bergdorfs. Saks does have, in Beverly Hills, the special sale..take 40% off the $0% for a few hours on the Friday after Thanksgiving. They have had, in previous years, some Louboutins, Prada (my daughter bought two pairs), and a few others....

What will happen this year is anyone's guess. Bloomingdale's didn't have their Private Sale this year so this could mean that..they ARE making money or they're trying not to go bankrupt and hoping to wait everyone out.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I love shoes

A great price for designer shoes at lower prices is DSW. They do not carry Louboutin. However, they carry other nice shoes like Steve Madden Studio Max and Nine west just to name a few. They have a location at Union square that has looootttsssss of shoes!!!

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I love shoes

thanks for all the advise,starting to plan a day out of the 5 specially for shopping,i know its sad but there s just something about a fab pair of shoes that make me smile,and ofcourse shoes always fit even when you re having a fat day lol

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I love shoes

I would highly recommend Bloomingdale's, especially if you are pressed for time there are all kinds of designer names there. My daughter and I had great success in their shoe department. And the good thing about Bloomingdale's, is they have all kinds of price ranges. So you can purchase a pair of designer shoes and a few pair of less expensive shoes. Don't forget to visit Bloomingdales' customer service centre, for your traveller discount, it's really worth it.

www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/index.ognc…

Forest Hills, New...
Level Contributor
378 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I love shoes

One of the best shoe stores for ladies designer shoes is(?) or was(?) OTTO TOOTSIE PLOHOUND. They have(?) or had(?) several locations in Manhattan but I recently noticed that two of the stores seemed to have closed. They've been around for at least 20 years, so I'm not sure what's happening with the stores and if any of their locations are still open.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I love shoes

I loved Tootsie Plohound, but that place is long gone after dying a slow and painful death. Nothing left in the city even compares- they were absolutely the best for sensible fashionable shoes.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I love shoes

Ive always found really good sales in Macys, at their shoe department. There was sale racks with loads and loads of gorgeous shoes. Ive been to NY twice and both times ive bought 3 pairs in here, got 2 pairs of Calvin Klein shoes for around $30 each. The price was always less than stated on the shoe by the time I got to the checkout, happy days!