We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happily Reliving NYC With The Folks

Texas
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
Happily Reliving NYC With The Folks

I think some of you might remember I traveled with my parents and the Mr. to NYC in July. Due to mobility issues for my DM there were some "tense" moments in NYC. I felt frustrated and torn between seeing and doing everything me and the Mr. wanted to see and do, and trying to make sure my Mom lived her NYC dream. In the end, even though we all had a great time, I left feeling like it wasn't "enough" and I had let my loved ones down. I know some of you could relate to the guilt I felt. However, I have to tell you, on Friday I finally had the occasion to share the almost 500 pics of our NYC trip with my parents. As we oohed and ahhed over the pictures, I realized that nobody (even Mom) felt cheated or disappointed. Everyone enjoyed reliving the experience and all those "tense" "unhappy" feelings were no longer relevant. I was just so dang happy to realize that my parents DID have a good time and I didn't let them down, I had to share with all of you who were so supportive during that time!! Thank you!!

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Happily Reliving NYC With The Folks

With all the pre trip planning (yes we remember you) I had no doubt that the trip would turn out to be a success... now when are you coming back ?

chicago
Level Contributor
814 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happily Reliving NYC With The Folks

I want to see the pictures tooooo!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Happily Reliving NYC With The Folks

Very glad to hear that, Teacher!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happily Reliving NYC With The Folks

nearly 500?!?! wow - we took 157 and we thought that was a lot!!

New York City
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Happily Reliving NYC With The Folks

Teacher91,

You did the right thing in July !!

Next time, visit by yourselves !!!

Welcome back to NYC !!!

Texas
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Happily Reliving NYC With The Folks

Bilmin and UrbanNYC: The Mr. and I definitely plan a return trip to NYC. I wish I could say it was in 2009, but in order to get the most “bang for our buck” (airfare is the same whether you stay one day or a week), we’ll be holding off until July 2010. Our goal is to stay eight days this go around and yes, we are coming alone! I did promise Mom that she and I could do a “girl’s only trip” soon. I'll just plan it to her pace. :D We are thinking maybe four days in Dec. 2010 for our trip.

Jillian: I wish I knew how to use one of those online photo sites. (I had trouble posting some to FaceBook!) LOL

LVM: Yeah, I guess I went a little overboard. The cost of developing was the price of a nice NYC meal!! LOL!

Thanks Crans!! :D

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Happily Reliving NYC With The Folks

it wasnt a criticism teacher at all - good on you!

WE had a day or so when we had no camera otherwise we would have taken more

you clearly enjoyed your trip as did we

Texas
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Happily Reliving NYC With The Folks

LMV: I didn't take it as a criticism at all!! No worries! We are all friends on the NYC forum!! :D

in england
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Happily Reliving NYC With The Folks

I'm also hoping to make a return trip with my mam. She really wants to come back once more before she "pops her clogs" as she says! Maybe next year, finance permitting.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Happily Reliving NYC With The Folks

Hi, teacher --- I'm glad to hear that upon reflection, you all agreed that everyone had a good time! Plus, what a great compromise! You and your husband will have your own NYC vacation and then a few months later, you and your mom will have a girls getaway!