We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Real New York Tours

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Real New York Tours

I just returned from my first trip to New York City a few weeks ago and wanted to report back on a walking tour my friend and I took while there. I read about "Real New York Tours" on this forum and decided to try them out. We booked a half-day tour on-line with Amber. She was very responsive and helpful. My friend and I met our tour guide, Greg, at 10:00 AM for our three hour walking tour of the Downtown area of New York. Greg was like a walking encyclopedia! He was so knowledgeable about all things New York ... we felt we learned so much. Greg was personable and also altered the tour schedule a bit so we would end up in Little Italy for lunch ... where Greg recommended a great restaurant ... Da Nico. Very good! Expect to do alot of walking on this tour as we visited many places. This company also has posted a blog on "How to Buy a Metrocard" for the subway which was extremely helpful to us first-timers. We plan to take a different tour with this company on our next trip to New York.

Mentioned in this post
Real New York Tours
Real New York Tours
5,565 Reviews
New York City, NY
Little Italy
Little Italy
3,167 Reviews
New York City, NY
Da Nico Ristorante
Da Nico Ristorante
830 Reviews
New York City, NY
Revolution Rickshaws
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours
new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Real New York Tours

I'm generally not in favor of tours thinking that half the fun of a trip is to plan, search and execute finding places on your own but if one is going to do a tour one that involves walking and riding the subway is highly preferred over riding a bus.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Real New York Tours

Happy to hear you were so pleased! But may I suggest that you add a review here:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d11…

it's the TA page that pops up first when someone Google's "real new york tours" so your comments will get a wider readership if you add to it.

3. Re: Real New York Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2010, 06:17