We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat with a view

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat with a view

Could anyone reccommend a place with a million dollar view but without the price-tag? Also hopefully a place that serves decent food lol!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
5,792 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat with a view

Okay Katy ..... if you do a forum search .... this questions gets asked a lot. Most people recommend the 'River Cafe' in Brooklyn. It's on the the water's edge and just about under the B'Klyn Bridge. Great view of Lower Manhattan Financial District. It's a fixed price menu so it's like $75 dollars a person. Last time I checked seventy-five dollars ...... is not ..... one million dollars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat with a view

Pete's Downtown Restaurant in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn is across the street from the famous River Cafe. It is much more economical, and still has the killer view.

petesdowntown.com/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat with a view

A million dollar view usually comes with price tag to match . The River Cafe is actually now around $100/person JUST for food for dinner. Drinks, tax and tip on top of that. While Pete's Downtown is just next door, the views are not as dramatic and the food is just ok. If you're on a budget, go some place with view for a drink and then eat elsewhere. In addition to drinks at River Cafe, the View at the Marriott Marquis which revolves is a great spot for a drink.

Scotland
Level Contributor
179 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat with a view

Last time I was in New York we went to Two Times Square which is the restaurant in the Marriot Renaissance with a fantastic view of times square. You can see the view on their website.

marriottmodules.com/restaurant/…

Its not overly expensive, you can see menus and prices on there too. Only thing I would say it that we went midweek and it was very quiet, I would assume it's busier at the weekend.

I've also been to the View revolving restaurant in the Marriott Marquis on Times Square and the views are great but it is very expensive, especially the Sunday brunch (great but expensive!)

5. Re: Places to eat with a view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2010, 06:22