We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tel aviv car from JFK

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Tel aviv car from JFK

hi all

i have booked a luxury sedan in the middle of jan to take me and my partner to my hotel from JFK. now when i called up to arrnage it with the extremely rude and arrogant sales girl, she said to call a certain number only AFTER we collect our baggage and the car will be there in approximately 10 minutes. if i call before i collect my bags, is there anything after baggage collection i have to go through which will hold me up getting to the car, i.e. will it take more than 10 minutes? so would you recommend i call them when the woman said or should i do it while still collecting the luggage or what?

also, i thought there would be someone at arrivals waiting for me with a name placard so i wouldnt have to hang around.

thanks in advance

kevin

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
136 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,113 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
996 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,385 reviews
from US$36.00*
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tel aviv car from JFK

There's a big difference in service levels from these low-cost car services (like Tel Aviv and Carmel) vs. the corporate fleets of Town Cars. I use Bermuda Limo at work (www.bermudalimo.com) and they track your flight and meet you at baggage with your name on a card. However, they charge about $150 for an airport run vs. about $60 for the low-cost guys, who you do need to call after you get your bags. But still, no reason for them to be rude!

I've been using Tel Aviv for a long time, and maybe I've been extraordinarily lucky, but I've never encountered rude service. By the way, they do come within a few minutes after you call them. The problem is that they have to wait at a designated area, and can't just sit at the curb waiting until you get your bags.

Appley Bridge...
Level Contributor
624 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tel aviv car from JFK

A luxury sedan can mean so many things NY. The truth is they���re usually just stinky, beat up Lincoln Town Cars that, for some unknown reason, gets called a limo. I would recommend that you cancel your reservation and jump in a yellow cab ��� it���s always quicker.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tel aviv car from JFK

bo Bettina, since you seem to have plenty experience with them, what would you say their luxury sedans are like? are they battered old cars or do they look quite nice? i really dont want to be paying money for crap when i can pay extra to get a nicer car from a more executive car place.

thanks

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
844 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tel aviv car from JFK

Hi KvNick80,

On Bettina's recommendation, I booked with Tel Aviv Limo to meet us at JFK and to take us back a week later.

I can honestly say that we had no problems, the cars were nice, large and very clean - huge boots for the luggage and the drivers were very nice.

We were told to ring as soon as we got out of baggage - I had been given a freephone number (handy when you are yet to get change after just getting off a flight). I toyed with ringing in Baggage as you mentioned but couldn't find a phone!! Also, the baggage claim area is quiet small and the customs officers are obviously waiting to get you through as quickly as possible so they do call you when they see you have your bags.

But........ when you come out of the doors - turn left and there is a huge bank of phones. I rang Tel Aviv who told me the car would be there in 5 minutes and gave me the car number - they also said he would arrive on the far pavement. and 5 minutes later the car arrived exactly where they said and prominantly displaying the car number for us.

He took our bags and off we went straight to the hotel - quickly and in comfort.

For the return journey we were asked to ring half an hour before the booked time just to confirm - as I was telephoning from the hotel front desk the car pulled up!! - they hadn't waited for the call!!

I couldn't fault the service or the cars and drivers - and I would book Tel Aviv again.

Sarah

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tel aviv car from JFK

thanks very much sarah, you have helped put my mind at rest a little now!!!

was it a luxury sedan that you booked?

kevin

London
Level Contributor
223 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tel aviv car from JFK

Can someone advise what the phone number or the email address/web site for Tel Aviv is?

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
844 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tel aviv car from JFK

Hi Both,

We just had the full sedan not the luxury - and that was fine.

The cost was $44 and the same for the return journey.

The web site is www.telavivlimo.com

Note the freephone number when you go 1-800-222-9888 - as you probably won't have change for the phone!!!!

Sarah