We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York Palace or Library Hotel for honeymoon?

London
Level Contributor
117 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
New York Palace or Library Hotel for honeymoon?

Hi,

We are going to be spending 5 nights in NY for our honeymoon next June and we're trying to decide on a hotel. We like the look of The Library Hotel and NY Palace.

I've been looking at prices - I've found £1175 (inc taxes) for 5 nights in a deluxe room at NY Palace (through 1800hotels.ie) and £1079 (inc taxes) for a Deluxe Queen Room at the Library (non cancellable, non refundable.)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one is nicer or more suitable for a honeymoon and if the prices are good?

Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York Palace or Library Hotel for honeymoon?

I think they're both good options for a honeymoon. The Library is smaller, more of a boutique hotel. The Palace is a larger hotel - part of it is in a beautiful old building. Photo here:

mbcglobal.org/uploaded_images/FP-Palace_Hote…

The Library has a nice rooftop bar if that matters to you. Might be very nice to pop up there in June for a drink and to see the view.

England
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New York Palace or Library Hotel for honeymoon?

Rooftop bar at The Library ,worth a visit, not grand, not huge, just "oh so" after a days sight seeing etc.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York Palace or Library Hotel for honeymoon?

I think you will be happy with either choice.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York Palace or Library Hotel for honeymoon?

I'd go for the Palace and pop by the Library for a drink. You might also consider one of the trendy hotels in a downtown neighborhood like Soho. The Trump Soho should be open by then I think.

hotelchatter.com/story/2009/9/8/112135/4005/…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New York Palace or Library Hotel for honeymoon?

The Palace to me is an excellent choice

Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New York Palace or Library Hotel for honeymoon?

We stayed at The Palace last month and loved it. I have stayed at the Connaught so you can equate. We had 3 rooms. Be sure and tell them it is your honeymoon. It was my birthday and they upgraded me from a Junior Suite to a suite with a dinng room, kitchen, and two bathrooms. The hotel is divided into two hotels. The tower and the regular hotel. The tower has its own dedicated concierge and check-in. For example, on our first night at dinner at a local place, the concierge I quess called them as they brought each of us at the table a glass of wine. It is just service like that. Ican't speak for the Libary Hotel, but it was one I looked at. Check the room sizes. Also ask for a room high up so you don't have street noise. We were on the 54th floor. Also tell them you want a view of St. Patrick's as it is nice. The location of the hotel is also great. Close to places you want to go and high end shopping is right out the door. If you like shows, Jersey Boys was great. Have a good time. I wouldn't think you would go wrong with either place. By the way, Gilt is very good but is very expensive.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New York Palace or Library Hotel for honeymoon?

it is a great great hotel and we just had an exec room.

We were on 31st floor and there was no noise which was a concern

Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New York Palace or Library Hotel for honeymoon?

I forgot to tell you on value. Check the hotel web-site and don't be afaid to look at all rooms. As an example, I just wanted to get my daughter and her friend a room with two double beds but the internet special for another type wasn't much more, and the rooms on the internet were $400 a night less than when I called the hotel direct so guess which I chose.

Bristol
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New York Palace or Library Hotel for honeymoon?

I am a big fan of the Library Hotel, but have not stayed at the Palace, and am heading back in February of next year. It would make an excellent location for your honeymoon.

As the others have pointed out your choice of hotel really depends what you want from the area in which you are staying as Midtown East can be a bit 'corporate' and empty on the weekends as opposed to Soho, Tribeca or a bit further down on the East Side. Not that it is difficult to get anywhere.

The Library is a great hotel though and I rate it highly. Stay away from the non refundable and non cancellable rates though as it is too soon to lock in your cash.

If you want to allocate part of a budget (I know I did when I was in NYC for our wedding) make a cancellable reservation and change money into dollars on a fee free prepaid travel card.

Paul

London
Level Contributor
117 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New York Palace or Library Hotel for honeymoon?

Thanks for your help everyone. It's a tough one! Both have great reviews. Decision time....