We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants - Unusual & for Well Behaved Kids?

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
463 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants - Unusual & for Well Behaved Kids?

Give me some ideas -----

Went to that one - Sparkeys or Shakeys? where the waitstaff sings --- but need some new ideas for the upcoming trip.......

Dinner show? I don't know..... FUN w/great views?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants - Unusual & for Well Behaved Kids?

The restaurant you're thinking of is Ellen's Stardust Diner.

How old are these kids? What sorts of food are you interested in?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants - Unusual & for Well Behaved Kids?

Both of my kids loved the Jekyll & Hyde Club. It has two locations, one in Greenwich Village on 7th Avenue and one a block south of Central Park in Midtown. It is creepy, funny and amusing. I'd say it's geared to kids between 7 and 13.

The food is average at best, and you should order simply. But, you are going for the show, and not for the grub. Your kids will have a blast.

http://www.jekyllandhydeclub.com/

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
5,792 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants - Unusual & for Well Behaved Kids?

Yikes ..... I just had to re-read your post ..... for a minute I thought you were saying that the kids are ..... 'unusual and well behaved'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFD7KGBUtKI

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
463 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants - Unusual & for Well Behaved Kids?

;D

Yes - I think "that name you said" IS the restaurant we went to w/the singing waitors ---

Jekyll & Hyde sounds interesting ----

YES! 14yo & 12 yo !!! Eat most anything --- 14yo claims to be Vegetarian -but that's this week....

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
463 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants - Unusual & for Well Behaved Kids?

Ellen's Stardust --- YES that's it.

Loud but FUN! & crazy ----------------even at lunch!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants - Unusual & for Well Behaved Kids?

Anyone ever try that Martian/themed futuristic food place near Times Square? How about "Ninja" restaurant?

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants - Unusual & for Well Behaved Kids?

Other ideas to check out:

Ninja

Trailer Park Lounge

'Smac (all mac-n-cheese)

Senor Swanky's (ordinarily I would not recommend this mediocre Mexican place, but the kids might enjoy it.)

Junior's (who doesn't love their cheesecake?)

Landmarc at Time-Warner Center - an affordable steakhouse that has a great kids menu. An ideal choice for that first "fancy" meal.

You can read reviews and get locations on www.yelp.com/nyc , www.menupages.com or www.newyork.citysearch.com .

P.S. Had you been to L.A. recently? Shakey's is a California pizza chain and Sharkeez is a California/Mexican seafood sports bar that has Kids Parties on Sundays. There's also a Sharkey's Mexican Grill in SoCal, too.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants - Unusual & for Well Behaved Kids?

How about a restaurant devoted to the humble peanut butter and jelly sandwich. At Peanut Butter & Co., there are lots of varieties all based on that common school lunch sammich.

http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/

The South (of the...
Level Contributor
463 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants - Unusual & for Well Behaved Kids?

Thanks everyone - GREAT ideas!

10. Re: Restaurants - Unusual & for Well Behaved Kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2010, 05:19