We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with Continental

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling with Continental

Hi a question re checking in with continental and baggage allowance please...

Did you check in online . we've booked online and are departing from birmingham airport in december..but now not sure where i go from there! Daft i know! How many bags did you each take.. did anyone have an extra bag on the return trip. (I was planning to take one case and have an additional soft case in the first case with me to bring excess goodies back but now I think I will have to pay for an additional case???

thanks for any advise on this subject..

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,445 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with Continental

I would Re-post this on the air travel fourm.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with Continental

thank you .. tried that but sadly posted on here again!!!

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,445 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with Continental

Your best bet might be the Newark NJ fourm as Continental does not fly direct from the U.K to New York.

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with Continental

Hi Unsurenow

You can check in online anytime within the 24 hours before you're due to fly. Continental will send you an email to remind you and you can use the link in the email or just go to the Continetal website and go to Reservations/Check-In for Flight.

You get one checked bag per person free, a second bag will cost you $45 if you check online or $50 at the airport.

Hope that helps!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling with Continental

EIRULES.. sorry yes I am flying into Newark...

wiggy great info thank you.... will check it out...

Stirling
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling with Continental

Hi, Just used continental yesterday - Flew from Glasgow last week to Newark and came back yesterday.

We checked in online the day before we went - although when you do that in the UK it ends up saying that you must still collect your Boarding pass at the airport - I would still do it though as it tells you your baggage allowance and asks for your passport details so it will save a little time at check in.

We booked economy tickets which come as standard and were permitted 2 case no heavier then 23kg EACH so if there two of you you will get 4 cases Free. and one piece of Hand luggage no more than 40lbs. if your case is over 23kg there is a charge $50 i think. On your return journey check in online the day before again - the difference this time is that in the States you can print your Boarding pass. We got to the check (Baggage drop) iat Newark desk about 3 hours before the flight and there was only 2 people in front of us - they are very very organised and you get through to the departure lounge very quick. on the flight you will get free soft drinks and 2 meals each - really good service - also your own TV on the back of the seat in front of you - Touch screen and you can select from 30 movies, short programs or even play games - The earplugs are free too!. PS whilst in the departure lounge at Newark there are many desks from Continental - the desk near your gate number will call all passenger to come forward about half an hour before to flight to re-check your details so listen out for the announcement. Any more info on Continentalor New York just get in contact with me. Enjoy your Trip

7. Re: Travelling with Continental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2010, 06:21