We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plan my Brooklyn night out

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
206 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Plan my Brooklyn night out

HI all,

Going to venture imore nto Brooklyn on my next trip in less than two weeks.

Here is your challenge if you choose to accept it. Don't worry about cost, vibe, food type etc, but can you send me to one area and suggets a bar and a restaurant and the subway station to get off.

Thanks very much. Brief escriptions of why would be good!

(We will be a group of six late 20's early 30's but don't let that sway you)

area:

Subway stop:

Bar:

Restaurant:

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plan my Brooklyn night out

area: Williamsburg

Subway stop: Bedford Ave, L Train

Bar: There are literally loads around

Restaurant: The same as above.... :)

Vague I know, but without a vibe, food likes dislikes, what you want out of Brooklyn, it's hard to recommend anything.

If you're going on a Friday, you really have to go check out Brooklyn Brewery.

M

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plan my Brooklyn night out

At your age I would also recommend "Billysburg"- frequent poster Lotus lives there and hopefully he will chime in.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
206 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plan my Brooklyn night out

cheers Mark, don't worry about my likes, I want to know yours!

Come on, you can do it. One bar and one restaurant......

bilmin, i eagerly await what lotus may have to say!!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plan my Brooklyn night out

Here are some Brooklyn adventures for you and your group to take. I'll give you some choices as you're gonna wanna come back:

1. Williamsburg. This has been mentioned and is a great choice. The home of the hipster vibe. Take the L train to Bedford. Bedford Ave is the main strip and has lots of shops restaurants etc. Head to Radegast Hall on N. 3 and Berry, it's a great beer garden. If it's a Friday, head to the Brooklyn Brewery on N.11th Street - go around 6:00 as it gets crowded. For dinner head to Fette Sau, the best BBQ in the city, no waiters, no plates, communal tables, and the best damn BBQ around. Fette Sau is on N 4 and Metropolitan. After dinner head across the street for a nightcap at Spuyten Duyvil.

2. Park Slope. Take the R train to Union and Walk up the hill to Fifth Avenue. The Slope is an area of beautiful brownstones on tree lined streets. Good little stores on 7th Ave and funkier 5th Ave. My fave bar is The Gate. It's a great neighborhood for a pub crawl as you pass the following on the way - Union Hall [on Union St. and 5], High Dive [5 & Carroll], Great Lakes [5 & Garfield], Loki Lounge [5 and 1] and finally the destination bar, the Gate at 5th Ave and 3rd. Across the Gate is an old house from the 1600's that was a site of the Battle of Brooklyn during the Revolution. Lots to eat depending on your tastes. Great Peruvian Chicken at Coco Roco, Italian & Pizza at La Villa, Thai at Song and lots more.

3. Russia. This one is for the intrepid travellers. Take the B/Q train to Brighton Beach Avenue. Wander around under the el. Make sure to visit M&I International for a great Russian store. Stop into a liquor store and purchase your vodka of choice. From there, head to Cafe Glechick on Coney Island Avenue about 2 blocks up from Brighton. Great Dumpling and great stews. Order the cherry compote drink and place suitable amounts of Vodka in it. After dinner, why not head to the National, Russian night club on Brighton Beach Avenue. Or to enjoy a quieter nite, a walk along the boardwalk is great in any weather. You can walk to Coney Island and head back to NYC via the Stillwell Ave subway stop across the street from Nathans.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
206 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plan my Brooklyn night out

Mel, that is some quality information. Thanks

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plan my Brooklyn night out

Drop me a PM about what you like, and I'd be happy to help you fine tune your expedition.

BTW, the Old Stone House in Park Slope that I mentioned was defended by Williams Alexander, who claimed to be Scottish Lord Sterling. In a sense, your fellow countryman was responsible for saving Washington's @ss and allowing the American Revolution to continue.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plan my Brooklyn night out

I agree. Great stuff here!

New York City, NY
Level Contributor
26 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Plan my Brooklyn night out

Another choice in Williamsburg:

Take subway to Bedford ave, as mentioned before.

Restaurant is Sea, located at 114 North 6th Street, between Berry and Wythe Sts.. Very trendy and you will need a reservation, otherwise you may have a very long wait.

For a bar, there are so many in the area. I like Teddy's (bar/restaurant) at Berry St and North 8th street. I also like the Beer Garden someone else mentioned previously. One more, the Surf Bar, on north 6th, between Bedford and Berry St.

Keep in mind, Williamsburg is ground-zero for hipsters.

New York City, NY
Level Contributor
26 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Plan my Brooklyn night out

Another choice in Williamsburg:

Take subway to Bedford ave, as mentioned before.

Restaurant is Sea, located at 114 North 6th Street, between Berry and Wythe Sts.. Very trendy and you will need a reservation, otherwise you may have a very long wait.

For a bar, there are so many in the area. I like Teddy's (bar/restaurant) at Berry St and North 8th street. I also like the Beer Garden someone else mentioned previously. One more, the Surf Bar, on north 6th, between Bedford and Berry St.

Keep in mind, Williamsburg is ground-zero for hipsters.

nyc
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Plan my Brooklyn night out

another idea is to go out on Smith Street in Boerum Hill/Cobble Hill. Take the F/G train to Bergen street. Smith street from Atlantic Avenue all the way down to 4th street (even further) is filled with tons of bars n restaurants. Dont know how old you are, but its a little easier than williamsburg b/c its all on one street and can be a little less judgemental on your "hip-ness".