We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels and other stuff in Jan

Scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Hotels and other stuff in Jan

Looking for some advice on a few things.

Is it worth booking or hotel for the 24th of Jan for 3 nights just now or could prices go down ? For 2 adults needs to be pretty central and budget for accomadation is between $500-600.

Would also like to attend any sort of basketball game, please advise.

Also the 40/40 club, is it possible just to go in and have a couple of pints or is it all bookings and big money commitment ?

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels and other stuff in Jan

The New York Knicks basketball has games both the 24th and 26th at home and you can get tickets now on the website for Madison Square Garden. The hotel need not really be central but rather near a subway station then everything is central. I would search around and see what you can find.. book something close (after checking back here) that you have the right to cancel and then see if any deals come up. End of January there should be some deals but I would not wait to get a room.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels and other stuff in Jan

You have absolutely nothing to lose by booking something now that's cancelable at a price you like. If you see something better later on, you can cancel and rebook. I see LOTS of good options on

quikbook.com

for your dates that are fully cancelable.

Hotel at Times Square @ $139/night plus tax for a standard queen (this hotel includes free cont. b/f)

Eastgate Tower studio suite @ $139/night plus tax or jr. suite @ $159 or deluxe suite (with kitchen) @ $163

Shelburne queen for $149

Looking on kayak.com the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is $159/night plus tax for a cancelable rate or $140 if you want to prepay. I think you could see some fancier hotels with similar prices on

travelzoo.com

travel-ticker.com

for this time by Dec.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels and other stuff in Jan

hey other posters answered good, also remember January in New York is like the Arctic!!! DRESS WARM!!!

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels and other stuff in Jan

The last time we were in NYC in January '(09') - the average temperature was 55-60F - hardly the Arctic.

However as you know weather can change from day to day and hour to hour so keep a check on your fav weather site.

Let's not be alarmists about the weather.

Poppa

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
128 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels and other stuff in Jan

I'm going to NYC in January next and am paying $128 (plus tax) for a double in the Red Roof Inn on 32nd St, including free breakfast. I have stayed there twice before and it's really good. It's been recently renovated and it's right beside the 34th St Herald Sq station.

6. Re: Hotels and other stuff in Jan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2010, 05:19