We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic New England Bed and Breakfast in Winter?

brooklyn, ny
1 post
Save Topic
Romantic New England Bed and Breakfast in Winter?

Looking for a bed and breakfast for a 3-4 trip in January - something within a couple of hours of NYC. For a romantic-type getaway - fireplaces, fancy bathtubs, winter activities ...

any suggestions?

Found some lovely places in Vermont, but hoping for something closer ...

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic New England Bed and Breakfast in Winter?

www.mohonk.com

Not exactly a small B&B - but it's certainly a romantic, amazingly beautiful, rustic mountain house. I highly recommend it!

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic New England Bed and Breakfast in Winter?

www.mohonk.com

Not exactly a small B&B - but it's certainly a romantic, amazingly beautiful, rustic mountain house. I highly recommend it!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,201 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic New England Bed and Breakfast in Winter?

I have loved the Harvest Moon B&B in Lancaster, PA. It's not New England, but it's close to New York and it's lovely.

http://www.harvestmoonbandb.com/

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic New England Bed and Breakfast in Winter?

In Litchfield County CT - The Boulders Inn on lake Waramaug would suit your purpose - possibly just 90 minutes from the City.

www.bouldersinn.com

Check it out and GOOGLE B&B's in Litchfield County for more choices.

Poppa

New York City
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic New England Bed and Breakfast in Winter?

I recommend the Windflower Inn up in Massachusetts (this is technically South Egremont but is in the Great Barrington area, so just over the border from Ct and NY); also the Williamsville Inn in West Stockbridge, a little further north, is lovely; we are talking about a two and a half to three hour drive so not too bad; remember that in the winter, except during holiday times, you can drive a good bargain for weekday nights at these places....rates always go up for the weekends

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic New England Bed and Breakfast in Winter?

In the Massachusetts Berkshires, The Inn at Stockbridge (stockbridgeinn.com)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,511 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic New England Bed and Breakfast in Winter?

http://www.mayflowerinn.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33961-d83774-R…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic New England Bed and Breakfast in Winter?

Mohonk Mountain House is marvelous -- a unique, well-maintained historic establishment with lots of activities on its hundreds of acres & I loved the spa & indoor pool there. But it's quite expensive and I'm not so sure that the rooms are what you're hoping for: the resort was built in the late 1800's and although some of the rooms have fireplaces, I don't think any of them have soaking or Jacuzzi tubs.

Think a place in the Berkshires would be perfect. Less of a drive than heading to Vermont; greater variety of things to see & do in the area than I'm aware Litchfield County, CT offers... although maybe that doesn't matter so much for a 3-4 day trip. In addition to the B&B's already recommended, consider the Devonfield Inn in Lee, MA:

http://www.devonfield.com

9. Re: Romantic New England Bed and Breakfast in Winter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2010, 06:19