Hey there folks!
Thank you all so much for your help and advice so far. I think you are right, I am going to focus on what we will be doing.
Here are some ideas I have discussed with the girls. They seem super keen, I have bought them some guide books and they have been reading and talking to me about it.
Day Time Ideas
• Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, then Brooklyn, plus that fab little pizza place
• Central Park
• Bus Tour/City Tour
• Big Apple Greeter
• Empire State Building
• Shopping (‘Big’ Stores and local ones)
• Exploring the areas e.g. downtown etc
• Chilling in Starbucks (I was SO pleased they wanted this ^-^)
• Museums (The teacher in me!)
Night time Ideas
• Visiting Greenwich Village then Café wha (thanks NyWhiz!) I have already made my reservation
• Visiting the theatre (we will choose a show later)
• Heading to the Rockafella Building then dinner
• Going to the Cinema
• Heading to Times Square … seeing where we end up!
• Having a night in with Chinese in the little white boxes!!! (the girls!)
• Ghost Tour
I asked the girls about specific things…
• Visiting a real diner
• Street Pizza and Dogs
• Trying to find a celeb
When I look back at this list, I find that I have more night time activities planned! As I was toying with the idea of getting a NY Pass and visiting central park movie locations, NBC Studio Tour, Circle Line Ferry, and Food on Foot Tours (the sweet one!) To name a few… But I am not so sure after reading the forums, I was just going to buy the 7 day one and using it for what we need and having the other tours/things etc just as a reserve. What do you guys think?
I am pleased with the night time activities, it’s the day ones I am a bit erm not happy with.
*Waits for your wisdom*
Thanks Guys and Gals
Oh on a side note, does anybody know the singing restaurant with the students in that sing your orders etc, is there a train in the restaurant too???