We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Plans... Need some help! ^-^

Liverpool
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Plans... Need some help! ^-^

Hey there folks!

Thank you all so much for your help and advice so far. I think you are right, I am going to focus on what we will be doing.

Here are some ideas I have discussed with the girls. They seem super keen, I have bought them some guide books and they have been reading and talking to me about it.

Day Time Ideas

• Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, then Brooklyn, plus that fab little pizza place

• Central Park

• Bus Tour/City Tour

• Big Apple Greeter

• Empire State Building

• Shopping (‘Big’ Stores and local ones)

• Exploring the areas e.g. downtown etc

• Chilling in Starbucks (I was SO pleased they wanted this ^-^)

• Museums (The teacher in me!)

Night time Ideas

• Visiting Greenwich Village then Café wha (thanks NyWhiz!) I have already made my reservation

• Visiting the theatre (we will choose a show later)

• Heading to the Rockafella Building then dinner

• Going to the Cinema

• Heading to Times Square … seeing where we end up!

• Having a night in with Chinese in the little white boxes!!! (the girls!)

• Ghost Tour

I asked the girls about specific things…

• Visiting a real diner

• Street Pizza and Dogs

• Trying to find a celeb

When I look back at this list, I find that I have more night time activities planned! As I was toying with the idea of getting a NY Pass and visiting central park movie locations, NBC Studio Tour, Circle Line Ferry, and Food on Foot Tours (the sweet one!) To name a few… But I am not so sure after reading the forums, I was just going to buy the 7 day one and using it for what we need and having the other tours/things etc just as a reserve. What do you guys think?

I am pleased with the night time activities, it’s the day ones I am a bit erm not happy with.

*Waits for your wisdom*

Thanks Guys and Gals

Oh on a side note, does anybody know the singing restaurant with the students in that sing your orders etc, is there a train in the restaurant too???

James

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Plans... Need some help! ^-^

There is a restaurant where the waiters/waitresses sing, called Ellen's Stardust Diner, but they don't sing your orders. There is a little train that goes around the balcony level.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Plans... Need some help! ^-^

Yay! Thats the one!

Thanks!

J:)

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Plans... Need some help! ^-^

Probably this was said in a previous post, but don't wait too long to pick your Broadway show. Unless you are really that flexible and not that picky about what you will see. I think your daytime ideas are great! Not sure what is missing in your mind. You mention museums. Obviously there are many truly great museums in NYC and you could spend all day doing museums and not even regret it. If you are worried you don't have enough things lined up to do, you shouldn't. Just going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the Museum of Modern Art (the superstar museums) you will want to spend at LEAST half a day at each one. But there are also smaller, interesting museums, and not just for art. Have you thought about taking a boat ride -- perhaps the Staten Island Ferry? this is a great way to see the city from the water and you go somewhat near the Statue of Liberty. I believe the ride is free. Also Ellis Island, which is the museum about the immigrant experience coming to America. People enjoy it -- I haven't done it myself. You could also devote about half a day to one of the bus tours of Manhattan -- there are different tours covering different things. A lot of these begin in Times Square.

4. Re: Trip Plans... Need some help! ^-^

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2010, 05:36