We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helmsley Park Lane for Christmas Lunch

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Helmsley Park Lane for Christmas Lunch

Hi Everyone,

I hope you have all enjoyed a happy holiday. I just thought I'd let you know that we enjoyed a very pleasant lunch at the Helmsley Park Lane on Christmas Day. It was a great location as we were able to check out the store windows beforehand to work up an apetite.

Lunch was a $60 buffet with many choices. Service was friendly and efficient, we were not rushed to eat and leave, food was above average for a buffet (prime rib was excellent), and the view of Central Park through the huge picture windows was breathtaking.

All in all, I think it was a great choice for our festive family lunch in NYC.

Cheers,

Donna

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helmsley Park Lane for Christmas Lunch

Thanks for the report, it is the usual find there but sometimes people go with different expectations.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helmsley Park Lane for Christmas Lunch

sounds nice!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,029 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helmsley Park Lane for Christmas Lunch

I wonder if you asked if any other TA'ers were there while you were? It seemed like a lot of folks on the forum were going there. Thanks so much for reporting back. Not many people do. ;)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helmsley Park Lane for Christmas Lunch

Hi Nywhiz,

It was my pleasure to report back as I know just how many times the question about where to go for Christmas lunch has come up over the last 6 months or so, not to mention in past years.

I must admit, we were surprised at how many Australians were at the Park Lane whilst we were there. My family and I certainly felt that it was a bit of an Aussie invasion, which was kind of nice. Perhaps they were all TAers.

Cheers,

Dee

Wigan, Lancs, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helmsley Park Lane for Christmas Lunch

My husband and I have just returned from NYC (23-28 Dec) and also had an excellent Christmas Day Lunch at the Helmsley Park Lane. The buffet was first class and and excellent choices. For the class of hotel and location, in comparison to New York prices, we found it value for money. Service was excellent with very friendly and pleasant staff. We too were not rushed and left to dine at our own pace. We decided to book this after recommendations from TA members and what a great choice it was. Thanks to all who recommended and Happy New Year to all!

6. Re: Helmsley Park Lane for Christmas Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2010, 05:18