We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spontaneous night or two w/ teen ?'s

Level Contributor
403 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Spontaneous night or two w/ teen ?'s

I thought we would spend Fri. &/or Sat night (the weekend of Jan15th) in the city with my 17year old. There seem to be a lot of good deals on Book-it or Travelzoo but I'm not familiar with most of the hotels by name and only somewhat familiar by address. Moderne, Best Western President, Hotel @ Times Square to name a few. Any reccomendations on these properties? We'd like to be walking distance to theater, museums,etc. Also, we'd like to see a musical. From the selection usually up on tkts any reccos would be appreciated. We already saw Phantom, Wicked, Lion King. Are there EVER tickets for Billy Elliot? Thanks so much!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spontaneous night or two w/ teen ?'s

Of the places you mention, the Hotel at Times Square is the nicest/best imo. They have some rooms with 2 queen beds (vs 2 doubles) and include cont. b/f. But you may find even better options on quikbook.com

You can't be in walking distance to both theaters and museums since they're not in the same place. Are you driving in? If yes, look at parking prices on

bestparking.com

once you've picked a hotel.

I strongly recommend "In the Heights" which is usually on discount offers on broadwaybox.com Billy Elliot is never discounted.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spontaneous night or two w/ teen ?'s

Don't know how much you've dived into those special offers, but I ran through several of them and the big savings for next weekend are for a room with 1 bed... and I'm assuming you're not eager to share a bed with your teen.

You could get a room with 2 double/full beds at the Hotel At Times Square for $155/night (extra 10% discount with AAA card given at check-out) via the hotel's own web site:

applecorehotels.com/the-hotel-at-times-square

And do check out Affinia's special offer that's posted on Travelzoo.

3. Re: Spontaneous night or two w/ teen ?'s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2010, 07:15