We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel price--too good to be true???

CA
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Topic
hotel price--too good to be true???

Thinking of maybe going to NY for Memorial Day weekend. Stumbled upon a rate at the Embassy Suites for $139. Things that sound too good to be true always make me wonder, but it sounds like a good deal to me. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel price--too good to be true???

I'd grab it

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,859 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel price--too good to be true???

I often say there are deals to be had on Memorial day weekend. If you saw it on a REALLY reputable website, go for it. Make sure there aren't a lot of added fees from said website before you click to buy it and understand what the cancelation policy is and that it's ok for you. Just realize the hotel in downtown in the financial district which is somewhat quiet on a weekend. That said, it's near the water, breezy and near the lovely Battery Park.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel price--too good to be true???

I saw the same special on travelzoo yesterday and that website is very dependable. I have never read one problem about travelzoo because you book with the hotel directly when you see the travelzoo special. It is only a place where they advertize it. Don't worry...it is safe!

Colorado
Level Contributor
176 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel price--too good to be true???

I got the same rate for March booking through the Embassy Suites website. I noticed it's not on their site anymore, but I did book it back in January at that rate. Good luck!

CA
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel price--too good to be true???

Thanks for all the replies! I heard about it on Travelzoo, but the booking is through the Hilton's own website. And no cancellation fees as long as you do it 24 hrs. ahead. It really does sound like a good deal, doesn't it? As with all Embassy Suites, full breakfast and the evening reception are included in the price, and I even got to pick a room with a view of the Hudson. See why it sounds too good to be true??? Thanks again.

PS- We're good at the subways 'cuz they're so easy, so the location is not a problem.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
606 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel price--too good to be true???

I booked this deal last night for an April 1-4 stay. Really feeling good about it, with travelzoo you can't go wrong. Very reputable site for travel deals!

7. Re: hotel price--too good to be true???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2010, 05:16