We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bagging a last minute hotel deal

Bath, England
Level Contributor
125 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bagging a last minute hotel deal

I need a hotel room for 29th April -3rd May.

I'd like something downtown, as thats where I hope to spend the majority of my time. Just wondered if anyone has recently bagged a great bargain on hotel rooms by waiting til the very last minute to book a room.

I'm not suggesting the Mercer, but something boutique-y.

I realise that I'll probably have to put my hand in my pocket if I want to stay in this kind of property, but I'd like to be clued up on any deals or cheeky ways of getting a good price before paying through the nose.

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Cumbria, UK
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bagging a last minute hotel deal

I’m travelling the 27th of this month and have 2 refundable places booked, and check daily to see if any good deals have come up-I check Travelzoo and Quickbook. Feb into early March isn’t as popular as when you plan to travel but I got both of my choices at a really good rate but are now fully booked.

I’d adopt a strategy of booking something fully refundable at a price you’re happy with then at least you know you have somewhere to stay they wait for deals. Plus don't get too hung up on one particular place. Deals for April into May are starting to appear on Travelzoo.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,964 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bagging a last minute hotel deal

Benji offers good advice. That said, you may not find too many bargains at that time of year for those kinds of hotels. Lafayette House which is a place I don't know much about (in the east village) is $210/night plus tax on quikbook. Someone just wrote a trip report and stayed there and was happy. Other affordable downtown hotels include the Best Western Hanbee Bowery, the Hampton Inn Soho and the Four Points Soho.

The Strand is a new boutique-y hotel in midtown that's getting excellent reviews and is well priced on quikbook and cancelable.

3. Re: Bagging a last minute hotel deal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2010, 07:17