We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September Wedding NYC HELP!?

Manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
September Wedding NYC HELP!?

We got engaged in New York September 2008, had our wedding booked for a country house hotel in England only to be told last month it had been double booked. We have now decided a complete change of plan and want to get married in New York this September but dont know where to start! We will only have about 10-15 guests including our 5 year and 1 year old daughters. We have seen you can have the ceremony in Central Park which we think could be quite nice? We also need to find somewhere to go for a meal afterwards and a photographer!

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,099 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,372 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,337 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September Wedding NYC HELP!?

There are dozens of posts already on the forum about weddings if you do some text searching.

wedding in central park

wedding photogrpahers

wedding officiants

Here's the most recent request with a lot of links in it

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k3390321…

A quick rundown from what you say:

You'll need to get a wedding license (in person) at one of the borough clerk's office (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Bronx) at least 24 hrs. in advance. Manhattan is the most crowded but they've got a new system that seems to move things along. A number of people have gone to Brooklyn and Staten Island (by free Staten Island ferry). I think you can now fill out forms online in advance. Check the county clerk's website here

cityclerk.nyc.gov/html/marriage/license.shtml

For less than 20 people I don't think you need a permit to use Central Park unless you want the Conservatory Gardens but double check that as things are changing. The Ladies Pavillion is the most popular spot for smaller ceremonies as it offers some cover in case of rain and is a pretty spot. But that also means you may arrive to find someone else using it.

For suggestions for a meal, you really have to give an idea of budget and type of place (formal vs. informal, private room vs not etc.) A lunch or dinner cruise might be nice.

bateauxnewyork.com

sail-nyc.com

shearwatersailing.com

Here's one of many threads on photographers.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k2688865…

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September Wedding NYC HELP!?

there are numerous harbor cruises around manhattan, i've done a few of them, if you could do a wedding on there it'd be really cool!

3. Re: September Wedding NYC HELP!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 05:18