We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR - Mum and Son Part 2

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
TR - Mum and Son Part 2

Day 3 - Up at 5 again!! Coffee in the room while we make a plan for today. Out of hotel turn left toward Central Park. Having read topics/links on TA we politely refuse the offer of a horsedrawn carriage ride around the park, in favour of walking. Have to say that some of the horses looked OK but many god bless em looked fit for the knackers yard.

Central Park was beautiful, snow still on the grass and trees but the sun was shining. Stopped at Strawberry Fields and the Museum of Natural History , only went into the lobby, just to say we had been.

Back across the park to 5th Ave, down to the Apple store, FAO Schwarz, Tiffanys, up and down the escalator in the Trump Tower.

Quick stop for a coffee and a doughnut.

The next couple of hours were spent as follows: Madison, Lexington, Grand Central Station, Lunch at a deli, past the David Letterman studio and P Diddy's office (apparently !), Columbus Circle, walking walking taking it all in. Past Madison Square Garden then on to American Eagle, stock up on essentials for Son. Then Hershey and M & M stores to stock up on essentials for Daughter and DH. Stop and admire steps in Times Square as featured in Jayzee/Alisha Keyes video! Son swears that it was 50 cent in the chauffeur driven Roller yesterday, but what do I know.

Quick shower and change, then off to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. Queue is too long so opt for a Chinese instead. We had bought the sunset/sunrise tickets from the Rockefeller Centre so after dinner go back to the TOTR, very civillised string quartet playing while guests sip cocktails. Views are equally as stunning at night as during the day. Back down to the ice rink ,watch the skaters, youngsters appearing in a young skaters Dancing on Ice competion..amazing.

Day 4

Our final day, had a lie in until 630!!!! Out for breakfast then just wander around taking it all in for one last time. Taxi back to JFK.

We had a truly amazing time, this was my 4th visit to the city the last time when I was pregnant with Son, so from a sentimental point of view it seemed appropriate to return as he turns into a young adult. We spent some quality time together and ,for 4 days at least ,the hormone induced tantrums and sulks where forgotton.

Thanks so much to every single person on this forum who helped us plan this trip, without them even realising. Your time and patience is greatly appreciated by all. xxxxx

Level Contributor
782 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR - Mum and Son Part 2

Great report and such wonderful memories you have to share with your son! and what an amazing hubby you have to stay home with your daughter...does this mean he gets to take the trip with her someday? :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR - Mum and Son Part 2

Yes he's not a bad bloke!

Have promised daughter she can go to New York when she is 16, at the moment she just wants tickets to JLS !!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR - Mum and Son Part 2

I enjoyed your report.....

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR - Mum and Son Part 2

great report! and so funny... mothers with teenagers can relate....

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR - Mum and Son Part 2

Very nice Report. So your son ACTUALLY has been to NYC twice!!!!

Vienna
Level Contributor
368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR - Mum and Son Part 2

Have enjoyed your Trip Report very much!

Regards

Lizby

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR - Mum and Son Part 2

Great detailed report,many thanks for sharing.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
586 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR - Mum and Son Part 2

Thanks for the trip report. Glad you had a good time!

I took my son 3 years ago at age 18 - am taking my 18 year old daughter in less than 2 weeks. She's excited, as was my son - he wants to return badly. I am trying to talk him into moving there when he graduates from university!

UK
Level Contributor
176 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR - Mum and Son Part 2

Really enjoyed reading about your trip. I went with my grown up daughter 16 months ago and we had a wonderful time. We are off again in just over two weeks, this time taking her daughter, on her 14th birthday.

So we are three generations and are so excited!!!

Look out New York City, here we come!

Chrissie

10. Re: TR - Mum and Son Part 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2010, 07:19