We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burger Joint at Le Meridien

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
300 reviews
Save Topic
Burger Joint at Le Meridien

Question....

Burger Joint......is it that good and worth a visit or is it a case of don't believe the hype?

Thanks

Ja

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Burger Joint at Le Meridien

It truly has become a 'tourist' destination - I believe the Shake Shack will suit your needs - I wouldn't wait on line an hour or more for a hamburger.

Poppa

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Burger Joint at Le Meridien

I believe the name of the hotel is the Le Parker Meridien.

Anyone?

Edited: 24 February 2010, 22:00
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,964 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burger Joint at Le Meridien

Many people believed Burger Joint had the best burgers in the city. It's like anything else, different strokes for different folks. I also wouldn't wait an hour for a burger anywhere, but why not try it yourself?

Poppa, in NYC it's Le Parker Meridien but in a lot of European cities it's known as Le Meridien hotel.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burger Joint at Le Meridien

One thing that no one ever seems to remember: you can telephone in an order to Burger Joint and pick up your meal without waiting on line.

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burger Joint at Le Meridien

I tried both Burger Joint and Shake Shack on my last visit and liked Burger Joint much more. We waited about 30 minutes, and it was well worth it!! Definitely worth a visit.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burger Joint at Le Meridien

Thanks for your input.

I'll give it a miss I think and try Shake Shack instead.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Burger Joint at Le Meridien

How did anyone give you that impression? The line at Shake Shack is usually longer than the line at Burger Joint. Pick an off-time and enjoy.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,261 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Burger Joint at Le Meridien

The Shake Shack line isnt so bad now, but depending on when you're coming, it could easily be longer than an hour. At least the one in Madison Square Park (I dont go to the upper west side if I can help it).

The meat isnt nearly as good, but the sauce at Lucky's is close enough to Shack Sauce that it's my go to place lately. No line, short wait and very friendly workers! I also love the NY Burger on 6th Ave at 21st, BRGR on 7th at 26th and Goodburger in several locations around the city. Goodburger uses excellent beef!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Burger Joint at Le Meridien

I have been to the Shake Shack four times and the Meriden/Parker/Le twice. To top that off, I have spent the last week here in Texas trying to outdo the Shack Burger with a recipe i found in a mens magazine. What I have found is that while my re-invention of the shack burger was really good, it was nothing like the original. Now..the drum roll...I liked the burger in the hotel more than the one cooked in the Shack.

chipper

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Burger Joint at Le Meridien

Here's another vote for the Burger Joint's burger although I have to admit that Shake Shack's fries won hands down. I have also got Dumont Burger in Williamsburg on my list for next time as they serve proper man-size burgers!