We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes to Sheraton Manhattan-Times Square

tasmania
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Changes to Sheraton Manhattan-Times Square

Does anyone know when the Sheraton changes hands and what it will actually be called? I have a booking for 7th of April.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changes to Sheraton Manhattan-Times Square

Where did you see that it was changing hands...??? I have not seen anything on this. I did hear that there were some much needed renovations going on.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,804 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changes to Sheraton Manhattan-Times Square

It's not changing hands but changing NAME.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changes to Sheraton Manhattan-Times Square

Yep, Starwood is casting the Sheraton name off many of its hotels so as to give them a new brand identity, but so far as I know, no decision has been made on what the new moniker for the Sheraton Manhattan will be. I haven't seen anything more informative since this article on Crain's New York Business appeared in mid-February:

crainsnewyork.com/article/…100209944

Edited: 30 March 2010, 14:53
Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changes to Sheraton Manhattan-Times Square

expedia.com/pub/…hotel-information

tasmania
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changes to Sheraton Manhattan-Times Square

Thanks for links...it will be called "The Manhattan on Times Square!" from April 1st!

Edited: 31 March 2010, 04:48
New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changes to Sheraton Manhattan-Times Square

Considering that Times Square is in fact on Manhattan, the name "the Manhattan on Times Square" strikes me as silly.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changes to Sheraton Manhattan-Times Square

Does that mean it will actually be "The Manhattan on Times Square" on Manhattan.

8. Re: Changes to Sheraton Manhattan-Times Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 07:17