We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in Theatre District

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in Theatre District

Looking for a good meal at a fair price before Broadway show. Costs should be somewhere around $75-$100 without drinks,and within walking distance to Schubert Alley. Have a slight preference for Italian or Tuscan, but that isnt critical.

THANKS

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in Theatre District

per person????

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in Theatre District

no. sorry. per couple. thanks -- i should have said that. (The only time we pay $100 per person for dinner, before drinks, is when we are in Paris).

THANKS

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,804 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in Theatre District

Well, first, you should consider dining in some of our better restaurants while you are here. Paris isn't the only city in the world with great food.

For inexpensive food before the theater, I like to go to Meskerem for Ethiopian food. It's further west than the regular theater district restaurants, on W. 47th Street at the corner of 10th Ave.

www.menupages.com/restaurants/meskerem-2/

Edited: 02 April 2010, 05:13
lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in Theatre District

I've lived in NY my entire life, and I really have never found that I needed to spend more than $100 for an excellent meal. Adding a good bottle of wine, and a generous tip takes me over $150. That's more than enough for a Manhattan meal.

To suggest that $100 plus drinks is "inexpensive" is just silly, in my experience.

Besides, I really am looking in the theatre district, so while I am sure that your Morrocan restaurant is awesome, it;s not where I am looking to go.

Thanks anyway.

New York, NY
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in Theatre District

You may want to try:

Becco

Sosa Borella

La Masseria

Vice Versa

6. Re: Restaurant in Theatre District

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 April 2010, 12:35
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,535 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant in Theatre District

ViceVersa is probably the best Italian in the general area and has a $35 prix fixe (but I prefer the a la carte menu). On restaurant row, Orso, Lattanzi & Becco ($20 pasta dinner) are closer to Shubert Alley. Basilica is also very good.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant in Theatre District

Here are 25 places in the theater district all on the same block

www.restaurantrownyc.com

9. Re: Restaurant in Theatre District

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 April 2010, 12:43
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,804 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant in Theatre District

a) I didn't say you can't get an excellent meal for under $100. I pointed out that you're limiting yourself with your dollar cap. $100 plus drinks would also be plenty for a Paris meal, so the idea that only in Paris is it worth spending more money on food is strange to me.

b) I didn't say that $100 plus drinks is "inexpensive," I said that Meskerem is inexpensive. It is, therefore, well within your limit.

c) It's Ethiopian, not Morrocan.