We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Australians staying in NYC

7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Australians staying in NYC

We are five (5) adults looking for a clean but reasonably priced apartment to stay in from March 1st to March 7th 2005. Does anyone have any suggestions or any advice on this type of accomadation? Thankyou

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
141 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,015 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,127 Reviews
from US$57.00*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,395 Reviews
from US$37.00*
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Australians staying in NYC

Oopps meant to mention that we are hoping to stay in midtown manhattan - but we are very flexible especially given that we have not been to NYC before.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
101,519 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Australians staying in NYC

I think you need to explain what sort of sleeping arrangement you want in order to get help. Is this 5 single women, 2 couples and a mother. Get my drift? Are you looking for one room or multiple rooms? Budget? There are very few places that will have accomodation for 5 adults in one room. For starters, look at the Salisbury Hotel which has two bedroom suites. I don't know how many bathrooms a 2 bedroom would have. Affiniahotels.com is a group of all suite apt/hotels. They have some 2 bedroom suites but are mostly studios and one bedrooms. If you mean a real apt not an apt/hotel, all I can suggest is vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner) but that's a chancey thing. No tripadvisor reviews for those :)

3. Re: Australians staying in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2005, 20:19
Perth Western...
Level Contributor
321 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Australians staying in NYC

Hi we are from Perth Western Australia and found accommodation farely expensive compared to Aussie. We are a group of four travelling at the beginning of August. We have booked a one bedroom apartment at the Southgate Tower Hotel rececently renamed Affinia Manhattan. We have paid $AUS 82.00 each per night but the reviews look really great. Hope this helps.

Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Australians staying in NYC

We too are from Australia. I spent a lot of time on Craigslist.com and will be staying at one of the apartments we found in mid July.

We have also booked at Beekman Towers for the end of our trip and found a great rate on Quikbook.com ( US 199 for a 1 b/r suite with sofabed in lounge).

Good Luck!

Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question