We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel for 5 Moms and 5 teen-aged Girl Scouts on May 15th?

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hotel for 5 Moms and 5 teen-aged Girl Scouts on May 15th?

Any suggestions for a one-night hotel stay near Times Sq for five moms and five 15-year olds? It's a tough combo. We expect to be using a sofa bed and/or rollaway beds. All help appreciated!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,374 reviews
from US$36.00*
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel for 5 Moms and 5 teen-aged Girl Scouts on May 15th?

What is your budget and how many rooms and beds do you expect to need?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel for 5 Moms and 5 teen-aged Girl Scouts on May 15th?

You certainly can't all stay in one room or even suite so the issue is how many will share beds/rooms? Why Times Square? You'll get better value elsewhere. A lot of hotels won't do a 1 night Sat. night stay. What have you found so far?

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel for 5 Moms and 5 teen-aged Girl Scouts on May 15th?

One of the regulars here, momstravel, is an expert in group teen travel - especially Girl Scouts! Send her a PM!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel for 5 Moms and 5 teen-aged Girl Scouts on May 15th?

Thanks Queens! We head to NYC on May 1 and London on Aug. 1! Great group of girls and moms to travel with!

4 Earlybirds: I would recommend that you get two suites at the Doubletree Guest Suites in Times Square and make sure you request two double beds in each suite. You will then have enough room for 4 in the double beds of each room and one person in the sofabed. The location is ideal for teens as it is right in Times Square.

A less expensive and less amenity filled alternative is Radio City Apartments. We stayed here a couple of years ago. Again, we reserved two double beds in each suite and each suite came with a sofa bed.

This year we are staying at one of the Affinia hotels. I highly recommend them. The Affinia Manhattan offers one bedroom suites with two double beds and a sofa bed. The Affinia 50 offers two double beds with a sofa bed but all in one large room rather than separate bathrooms. It's too bad you didn't look earlier as the Affinia 50 was running a special of $159.00 per night. I think it is higher now. Check out Travelzoo for options.

Every hotel previously mentioned includes a full kitchen or a refrigerator and microwave combo.

If you don't want to be in midtown, the Embassy Suites downtown is another great option. Breakfast and evening cocktail hour is included.

Have a great trip! My Girl Scouts love this trip and we take it every year!

Have you checked out StudentsLive.net for amazing Broadway programs tailored for Girl Scouts. My girls love their programs!

Enjoy! Moms

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel for 5 Moms and 5 teen-aged Girl Scouts on May 15th?

thanks for the suggestions. We've decided to make it a day trip since we're not that far away. Someday we'll be back for a full weekend - just not this time!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel for 5 Moms and 5 teen-aged Girl Scouts on May 15th?

If you were put off by the prices, know they fluctuate wildly by date/season and night. July or late August is much cheaper than May or June and I think a Friday night would be cheaper than a Sat.

7. Re: hotel for 5 Moms and 5 teen-aged Girl Scouts on May 15th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 05:17