We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decently Priced hotel for family of 5 (manhattan/uptown)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
157 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Decently Priced hotel for family of 5 (manhattan/uptown)

Hello, Looking for a decent hotel (I don't need luxury) for my fam of 2 adults 3 kids. Can put one on pull out or couch.

Need it to be clean and fit us all. Close to metro and attractions. Early July--a few days...

Any ideas? How is the new yorker hotel?

Ellen

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,859 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decently Priced hotel for family of 5 (manhattan/uptown)

What is decently priced to you??? The New Yorker would not be my choice for a family of 5.

Affinia.com

Marmara hotel

beaconhotel.com

Embassy Suites

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Decently Priced hotel for family of 5 (manhattan/uptown)

I assume, although have gotten in trouble with that in the past, by metro you are talking about the subway?

Try the Hotel at Times Square - they may have a room configuration that fits your needs.

Poppa

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
157 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decently Priced hotel for family of 5 (manhattan/uptown)

Thanks! Looking for price $200 and under a day...

Thanks for the advice.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,859 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decently Priced hotel for family of 5 (manhattan/uptown)

Under $200/day for a family of 5 will be a challenge. The Embassy Suites downtown has a $209/night PLUS tax rate for prepayment and they include a full cooked breakfast. It's a 1 bedroom suite with 2 doubles and a sofabed. I think it's the best value you'll find.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decently Priced hotel for family of 5 (manhattan/uptown)

My family (mum, dad and 2 mid to late teens daughters) stayed at the Embassy Suites at the beginning of July 2 years ago. If you book this I would ask them if you can have a room on one of the corridors rather than round the Atrium. We had a corridor room and I was glad about that as I think the others could get a bit of noise from the atrium.

The hotel is located way downtown near Battery Park and WTC site, but you can walk to the subway at WTC in about 10 minutes. May be a bit far from the centre of things for some but we were glad to escape the heat and noise of mid/uptown for the relative quiet for the financial district in the evenings. Handy for riverside walk and children's play park. A few reasonable places to eat in the area most of which will have something to suit the whole family.

I can't compare it to any other places but I would be happy to go there again.

Oh yes - breakfast is included but it can be a bit of a scrum if you don't go down quite early. Other than that the rooms were huge, beds were huge and it was clean.

6. Re: Decently Priced hotel for family of 5 (manhattan/uptown)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2010, 05:18