We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Town Car Service

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Town Car Service

Looking at using this service to get from our hotel back to JFK.

Any recommendations?

I've previously taken shuttles but after our last disaster, would like something reliable.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,058 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,418 Reviews
from US$37.00*
New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Town Car Service

Public transport is the most reliable and the most economical.

The Long Island Rail Road from Penn Station to Jamaica and the JFK AirTrain (seamless connection at Jamaica) right into your terminal is an excellent option.

Even more economical is the subway to the JFK AirTrain.

Alternatively, we generally get the best reviews about All State Car & Limo., Dial 7, and Carmel. All three have websites.

I have never heard of a company called "Town" Car Service if that is what you're asking. We've been hearing about a lot of companies with new names we've never heard of before - and it is usually after some sort of nightmare that pales in comparison to the "shuttles."

Note, there is also an Airport Express Bus from Grand Central. $15.00 and it goes right into JFK Airport - no stops between Grand Central and the Terminals at JFK Airport. It too is safe and reliable.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,429 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Town Car Service

dial7.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Town Car Service

There is no company called "Town Car Service"...I thought that's what you call private cars lol. Sorry.

Staying at Beacon Hotel. What then would be the best way to get to the airport with the train? Domestic flight departs 8.00am.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Town Car Service

You are correct some people do call it generically Town car service because of the use of Lincoln Town Cars--- that by the way is the way i would do it and Dial7.com is one of the ones I would recommend.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Town Car Service

We used Dial 7 a couple of days ago. Fine service, nice car. If you want to be sure you get a newer model Lincoln Town Car upgrade to the "Luxury Car" when you make your reservation. It is only $5 more. Plus don't forget to use a discount code (google for the current offers) which will save you $3 or $4 dollars.

6. Re: Town Car Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2010, 06:39