We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From La Guardia to midtown?

Ontario, CAN
Level Contributor
489 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
From La Guardia to midtown?

What's the best/cheapest way to make our way from the airport LG to the Sofitel?? Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From La Guardia to midtown?

Taxi, taxi, taxi. LGA very close to NYC. For 2 people just get a cab to your door.

Ontario, CAN
Level Contributor
489 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From La Guardia to midtown?

Thankyou!

Intercourse...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From La Guardia to midtown?

best: taxi

cheapest: public transportation (longer though)

SV, IL
Level Contributor
52 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From La Guardia to midtown?

Will a cab take 4 people with luggage?

Need to know

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From La Guardia to midtown?

They will take 4 people the question is will the luggage fit with 4 people. The typical cab is a regular sedan but some are like mini vans. I would have your party get in the cab line and one person go to the dispatcher at the front and tell him you are 4. You should be ok. Here's the URL for taxi info at LGA

www.panynj.gov/aviation/lgataxiframe.html

Montreal, QC, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From La Guardia to midtown?

Hello!

I agree that a taxi is best for LGA. I used a shuttle service once and it ended up being $10 more than a taxi ($25 taxi vs $35). The $25 was from the Waldorf-Astoria at Park & 50th Street to LaGuardia, so that's pretty comparable distance-wise to your hotel (on 44th?).

Also, when I was at Pennsylvania Station...I noticed that people were able to queue up for minivan taxis (there was a taxi-stand guy/operator to talk to at Penn Stn.) that took more passengers & luggage than the traditional car/sedan. Not sure if this is an option at LGA, but I imagine it would be...if you just ask I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Cheers!

RE

7. Re: From La Guardia to midtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2005, 06:23