We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for 5 in one room

Green Bay
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Hotels for 5 in one room

We're going to New York City for our 35th wedding anniversary and taking our adult children with us. I need help finding a nice hotel that accomodates 5 in one room - in the heart of everything (whatever that means?) Its our first time going., We going around September 23rd.l

Please help - I can't find anything...l.

Thanks - Green Bay Packer

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,168 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,053 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,183 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels for 5 in one room

http://www.waldorfnewyork.com/?WT.srch=1

millenniumhotels.com/millenniumunplazanewyor…

lexingtonhotelnyc.com/accommodations/suites.…

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels for 5 in one room

If you put in the search bar "room for 5" you will find numerous entries that answer this question. There are a number of hotels that have room for 5. I recommend the Affinia chain, Doubletree Guests suites and Radio City Apartments to name a few. Good luck and happy anniversary. Moms

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,183 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels for 5 in one room

There are plenty of suite hotels that will accommodate 5 with several sharing beds which is fine for a couple with small kids. But for a comfortable stay for 5 adults in one suite at that time of year, I think you'll pay a fortune. At minimum you really need a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite and they're just few and far between and consequently very pricey. How much do you intend on paying for accommodation?

beaconhotel.com

has 2 bedroom suites you need to phone about.

Doubletree Guest Suites has 1 or 2 and again must phone.

The Eastgate Tower is probably the least expensive offering 2 bed/2bath suites.

Green Bay
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels for 5 in one room

Thanks for you info, I'm checking it out tomorrow. I am checking the Hyatt Manhatten too - they are saying possibly 5 people -

Any other info would be appreciated.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,183 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels for 5 in one room

You really haven't provided much information. There are loads of ways to sleep 5 people. If you don't mind sharing beds/bedrooms, any of the suite hotels like

Affinia.com

Best Western Hospitality

Kimberly

San Carlos

have suites with 2 double or 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a sofabed in the living room. The Affinia Dumont and the Affinia 50 and maybe the Shelburne Murray Hill (all part of Affinia) have 2 queen beds in the bedroom which is a lot more comfortable than the doubles you normally find. But I still think 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms are a better choice with 5 adults. I'd also price getting 2 rooms which may be cheaper. Best Western Hospitality and Radio City apts. have some 2 bedroom 1 bathroom suites.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels for 5 in one room

3 yrs ago stayed at the Shelbourne in Murray Hill in a 1 bedroom suite - it consisted of 2 queens sized beds in one (huge) bedroom and in the lounge room lots of sofas (probably one of them a sofa bed tho didnt check). A small kitchen that had a lot of cutlery etc. the only negative was a very small table & 2 chairs for eating breakfast - we were 3 adults & needed to take turns to eat at the table due to such a small table. Cant remember the bathroom but must have been adequate otherwise i would remember if it was terrible. We loved the rooftop bar area (great view of Chrysler & Empire blds), easy walking distance to Grand Central station & about a 10 to 15 min walk to macys, Empire blds etc.

Green Bay
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels for 5 in one room

I'm still having a very diffcult time finding a hotel around times square for 5 adults in on room - looking for 2 double/queen beds with roll away or pull out couch.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels for 5 in one room

You have received many good recommendations. Why do you have to be/want to be in Times Square? While it is "in the heart of" the theater district, the main requirement for a well-located hotel is nearby access to the subway. It will get you quickly, safely and inexpensively to almost any destination in NYC. Remember, "tourist attractions" in NYC are scattered all over Manhattan and the other boroughs -- they are not "centrally located".

Is your budget the stumbling block? If so, provide the pros here with more info. But please don't be locked into Times Square when you could be staying in a perfectly pleasant hotel 10 minutes away.

Green Bay
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels for 5 in one room

Thanks for everyone's help. WE got reservations for 5 people at the

Affinia Manhatten. If anyone has any comments on this hotel, let me know.

Agains thanks to all for your suggestions and comments

Green Bay Packer

Green Bay
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels for 5 in one room

Thanks for everyone's help. WE got reservations for 5 people at the

Affinia Manhatten. If anyone has any comments on this hotel, let me know.

Agains thanks to all for your suggestions and comments

Green Bay Packer