We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back and Missing NYC Already

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back and Missing NYC Already

My plane landed just 3 hours ago, and I'm back from my long-planned and much-anticipated trip to New York. Had a wonderful time, spent a lot of time with some friends met through TA, and unfortunately (for my figure, anyway) , ate my way through the city! Trip report to follow after some rest and recovery time.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back and Missing NYC Already

I know that feeling, Patti :( There's only one cure. You'll just have to start planning your next trip!

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
602 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back and Missing NYC Already

looking forward to your trip report!! glad you had a great time!! did you see any cupcakes?????

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back and Missing NYC Already

Yes, I did have some cupcakes. Nothing to the extent of my October trip, but I did try a couple new places. Also tried cannoli, gelato, doughnuts, pizza, etc., etc., etc. Food overload!

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
602 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back and Missing NYC Already

Wow ! You did do very well ! Can't wait for the report and photos as well !!

stockport
Level Contributor
497 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back and Missing NYC Already

Are the cannoli just divine? They look it!! I cant wait to try them, are they good?

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
602 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back and Missing NYC Already

If you like ricotta sweetened with sugar, you will love them! They are the best!

Ferrara's in Little Italy are wonderful as well as Rocco's in Greenwich Village on Bleecker Street. :)

Edited: 12 June 2010, 19:00
St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back and Missing NYC Already

I know what you mean...as soon as I came back, I began trying to figure out how I could go again!!!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back and Missing NYC Already

Oh its some place, I love it-I want to go back again in March and just can't wait. We have been twice now and I always feel when you come back after you get your energy back you could just return and do it all over again!!

I love to go in winter! We celebrated New Years in Central Park before and this time thought March as hopefully prices will be cheaper.

I will read your trip review.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back and Missing NYC Already

Can't wait to hear about it Patti!

Had a little drama in my life recently..............house struck by lightning and caught fire 3 weeks ago so my visit in 2 wks is much anticipated! Family is safe and we are grateful is was not any worse but I really need a break from reality and NYC is the only thing that will do!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Back and Missing NYC Already

Shooz, the cannoli was from Rocco's, and it was wonderful. Travellingmama, so sorry to hear about your house! With all the storms we've had here in last few weeks, it's not surprising, unfortunately. I was fortunate to just miss a storm both leaving and returning to Columbus. So glad you are still able to take your trip!