We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New discounts on South Pacific!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
New discounts on South Pacific!!

Broadway Box just announced even better discounts on tickets for South Pacific, playing at Lincoln Center

broadwaybox.com/shows/south_pacific_musical_…

This is a fabulous show which will be closing next month, more than a year later than originally scheduled.

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
White Mountains, NH
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,168 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,053 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New discounts on South Pacific!!

Thanks for the heads-up, CC! It is a great show, one that I'll be sorry to see go.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New discounts on South Pacific!!

This is, indeed, a superlative show. Paulo Szot, who originated the role of Emile de Becque for this production and also got the Tony award for best actor in a musical, will be returning to the show on July 6. Kelli O'Hara who originated the role of Nellie Forbush will be returning to that role for the final 2 weeks of the production, starting August 10. Matthew Morrison, the original Lt. Cable, is hoping to return as well, depending on his filming schedule for his starring role in the Fox hit television series, Glee.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New discounts on South Pacific!!

Thank you so much for posting this -- a 95 yr old friend wants to go and we might be able to get her there!

NY NY
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New discounts on South Pacific!!

A video will never replace a live show, but fans of this production will want to record PBS' Live From Lincoln Center's Aug. 18th performance of "South Pacific."

(That's the reason the original stars are returning.)

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
White Mountains, NH
new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New discounts on South Pacific!!

My youngest daughter and I are alone for the 4th of July. I was a bit sad until I received an e-mail for the South Pacific discount. She and I may take in the matinee on Independence Day then a lovely dinner followed by a trip home...or fire works perhaps! I may even feel sorry for the rest of my gang who will be enjoying the holiday in Miami (DH for work), Michigan (DD with a friend and her family) and Vermont (DS with a friend and his family). Moms

Mentioned in this post
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Vermont
Vermont
United States
6. Re: New discounts on South Pacific!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 07:17