We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any opinions on the new Comfort Inn Lower East Side

Missouri
Level Contributor
214 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Any opinions on the new Comfort Inn Lower East Side

I am looking for a place to stay in October near East Village and $200 ta night or so. Saw the new Comfort Inn Lower East Side. Not many reviews...on Googlemaps the area looks like it is being rennovated (torn up). It is at 136 Ludlow St, Any opinions on the hotel/neighborhood?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any opinions on the new Comfort Inn Lower East Side

I know nothing about the hotel, but the location is one of the best in the city for nightlife, if that matters to you.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any opinions on the new Comfort Inn Lower East Side

Some people are put off by the grittiness of the lower east side-- some thrive on it. If you do end up there plan a weekend brunch at Essex where you get brunch and 3 drinks (mamosa, screwdriver, bloody mary) all for $18-- a real bargain. Ludlow and Essex.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any opinions on the new Comfort Inn Lower East Side

sorry Essex and Rivington --- and that area is not being renovated it just is that way all the time--- as I said this is sort of one of the funky parts of town not necessarily for a manicured lawn suburban type--- you need to decide if that is for you..\\

Probably out of your price range depending on dates but also take a look at

The Hotel On Rivington-- which is also right there.

Missouri
Level Contributor
214 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any opinions on the new Comfort Inn Lower East Side

Gritty is ok but is it safe to come back to after a Broadway show or late dinner?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,879 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any opinions on the new Comfort Inn Lower East Side

Yes, it is safe.

Ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any opinions on the new Comfort Inn Lower East Side

Stayed in Hotel on Rivington a few weeks ago and checked out where the new Comfort Inn was. The street where it's located is full of bars, as is the LES in general and is definitely very noisy. What put me off was the fact that there was a drunk asleep in the lobby and the people behind reception seemed to be totally ignoring him. I just wondered what else they would ignore. If you want party central it's the place to stay. I only went to the LES again because I had my 21 year old son with me and thought it would be more fun for him. If you're over 30 at night there you are really out of place. I was waiting for an article on the Bowery Boogie asking if anyone knew the "old lady" seen hanging around the LES

I've stayed in the LES on three other occasions and have always felt perfectly safe. Look out for deals for Hotel on Rivington which I liked. Have stayed in the Thompson on Allen St. twice before and would definitely prefer Hotel on Rivington.

Edited: 01 July 2010, 08:51
7. Re: Any opinions on the new Comfort Inn Lower East Side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 06:16